Author Topic: Something to debate...  (Read 4182 times)

Offline Mk1Mad J - 16v

• I live here
  • At my age I don't have to act responsibly...
Re: Something to debate...
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2007, 17:30 »
thought I'd throw in my 2p's worth  :smiley:

How many people would even consider these cars (scoobies are just as bad) if they hadn't seen them on telly being driven through the woods, I think they're all poorly made ugly "mid-life crisis" mobiles  :smiley:

"Ever since I started to surf, I have realized that golf is for people who don't know how to surf."  -- Tiger Woods.

my dub project:-
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=35338.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyEUOoH_xxo

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2007, 17:33 »
The Evo is a balls out in yer face car and therefore down to the individual concerned as to whether they like it or not IMHO.

Yup, subtle they aint!

Cars like Evo's and Scoobies always attract the attention of the old bill and very often the theiving scumbags (wherever you live).

What, as in constantly getting pulled over for speeding, or "is this your car, sir?"  :wink: ???

Sadly thre are some basics facts that you cannot get away from...

If you want space rocket performance you can expect space rocket fuel consumption...basic chemistry.

Not really true.  If they (Mitsubishi) properly developed their GDI technology (similar to the VAG FSI, but Mitsu couldn't get it to work properly), they would be able to get better fuel economy.  However, because they lack any development, and merely use "chuck as much fuel in as possible" ethos, then they suffer with poor fuel economy.

My RS4, with over twice the engine displacement, and probably twice the kerb weight, can achieve better performance, AND better economy.  Heck, even my last S4 (4.2 V8, without FSI) could whip Evos.

If you want a car that handles well you can expect harsh suspension .. basic physics.

Again, no.  Both my RS4, and my last S4 out handled current Evos, and the suspension is far from harsh.

If you want supercar performance at moderate prices you can expect plastic interiors..basic finance

No, again.  It only seems to be the Japs who make shyte interiors.  Even on the NSX, the interior was shocking.
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #12 on: 30 August 2007, 07:41 »
So its a no go for the EVO then?  :huh: :grin:

I dont mind.... :smiley:

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 30 August 2007, 12:16 »

Tell daddy to go for something else, i test drove an Evo before my GTI, found it abit to much and you feel uneccesary rumbling and shaking which can get really annoying, sorry for any spelling mistakes  :rolleyes:

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #14 on: 30 August 2007, 13:52 »

Tell daddy to go for something else, i test drove an Evo before my GTI, found it abit to much and you feel uneccesary rumbling and shaking which can get really annoying, sorry for any spelling mistakes  :rolleyes:

My daddy does not take my opinion into consideration. As far as he is concerned, if VW can reinvent and put the "fun" back into the GTI. Then why cant Mitsubishi? But I think its more because he has a Pajero and loves it to bits. Im sure he will come to his senses................. Eventually.

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 30 August 2007, 14:23 »
Pajero lol, that means wayne kerr in spanish xD.....At the end of the day it is your daddys money and if he doesnt mind spending on an Evo, well let him do so, he will realise after a good while that he could have spent his money better on something else :)

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #16 on: 30 August 2007, 14:26 »
lol!

Yeah. But sometimes us kids do know better :lipsrsealed:

Join our group now!

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #17 on: 30 August 2007, 15:04 »
Aren't we talking about the new and yet to be released in the UK Evo X? And therefore we can't really judge excatly how good it might be.

Look at the Mk4 GTI - Very poor in comparison to the Mk5 and also earlier Mk's. So, the next generation Evo sounds as if it will have much to offer an enthusiastic driver. Plus it promises to look very good if this is anything to go by: http://reviews.cnet.com/Mitsubishi_Concept_X/4660-11443_7-6371800.html
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #18 on: 30 August 2007, 15:08 »
Yup we talking about the new one that is not out yet. It will apparently be available in SA next year

Join our group now!

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #19 on: 30 August 2007, 15:24 »
MK4 GTI- Overweight
MK5 GTI- Holy Cow!

this will probably annoy the MK5 owners here but;

i've got to disagree with this, agreed the MK4 is overweight and doesn't handle that well for a GTI, but the MK5 is even heavier, and its acceleration is becuase its got the most powerful GTI engine.  obviously the fully independent chassis addresses the issued the MK4 had with weight.

don't get me wrong its a great car, but i don't think you can say its as good as the original

regarding the Evo's where i live Evo's a scoobys are synomomous with chavs, personally i'd go for the RS4