Author Topic: DSG tune  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
DSG tune
« on: 14 June 2022, 21:04 »
I find the gearbox to be rather juddery at low speeds and you can feel it slipping the clutch plus sport mode is a bit too aggresive. At the least I'd like it to be smoother at bimbling speeds. Does anyone have first hand experience of the tunes and will they improve these aspects?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline CarbonGTD

• Not said much yet
Re: DSG tune
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2022, 13:56 »
Hi Watts - I totally agree with your comments re DSG - however I fear you won't get many takers re gearbox tune experience (I hope I am wrong) as it is not cheap (more than twice the cost of a pedalbox) and more importantly may spook people with warranty claim doubts (we all know how hugely expensive DSG repairs can be, and I'm sure VW would love to find an excuse to wriggle out of paying) not to mention insurance mods cover ambiguity.

I believe the guy at Bognor Motors on the south coast (actually not that far form me) has been running a grey Mk 7.5 GTI TCR (so not wildly dissimilar to your car) with the gearbox map on it for a while which you can test drive to feel the difference (you can see him talking to Andrew about it in one of the Volkswizard YT videos from last summer at one of the track day evenings).

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2022, 14:03 »
TVS is the best gearbox tune apparently but might be worth looking at Racingline as they are closely aligned to VW. Not sure if many places like doing gearbox on its own though.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2022, 14:29 »
Thanks both, APR also do them but yes, rather pricey. I found a garage not too far from me that will do bespoke TCU remaps or they also do Racingline. They have lots of good reviews, not sure what they charge though. May call in on them for a chat. TVS was the one I was thinking of too but struggling to find qualified opinions on them. Will google again and see where I get.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 15 June 2022, 18:09 »
Thanks both, APR also do them but yes, rather pricey. I found a garage not too far from me that will do bespoke TCU remaps or they also do Racingline. They have lots of good reviews, not sure what they charge though. May call in on them for a chat. TVS was the one I was thinking of too but struggling to find qualified opinions on them. Will google again and see where I get.
I think TVS are widely regarded as the best dsg tunes you can buy.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2022, 08:48 »
TVS is the best gearbox tune apparently but might be worth looking at Racingline as they are closely aligned to VW. Not sure if many places like doing gearbox on its own though.

I'd be wary of Racingline, they aren't closely aligned with VW and they typically just sell rebranded parts and maps, the same company that sold an air intake made by ITG which created issues for the mk5 owners.

I think the Americans like to do DSG tunes however but not sure if they got the 7-speed or not, you can't go wrong with Revo as they always air on the side of safety.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2022, 13:58 »
Thanks willni, more food for thought.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 16 June 2022, 15:37 »
I'm going tvs when the warranty is up on mine if I'm brave enough 😂👍
« Last Edit: 16 June 2022, 21:10 by mcmaddy »

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 16 June 2022, 17:34 »
I'm going tvs when the warranty is up on mine 👍

I've read a few negative reviews on TVS but then no doubt if you look you'll find negative reviews on other brands too.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 16 June 2022, 22:33 »
What negative things have you heard about TVS Watts?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner