Author Topic: Experience/Thoughts re Moonstone (and Mk 8 fuel consumption)  (Read 5132 times)

Offline simonwhite2000

• GTI forum regular
The fuel consumption figures are interesting and a bit weaker than I had hoped. My 840 has averaged 29.4 over the 11k miles and its almost all B roads so 32 33 from the Golf wasn't what I was hoping for.

Still an improvement I suppose!
Awaiting: Mk8 GTI CS
2020: BMW 840 Gran Coupe
2017: Audi B9 S5 Coupe
2014: Mk7 Golf R manual

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
While pondering ceramic and considering your advice including @willni’s. I went old school. A couple of hours, some elbow grease and Autoglym Ultra HD. Not too shabby.

I haven’t even looked at mpg yet, I am still on the first tank!
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
Driven sensibly it is possible to achieve very good MPG this was my drive home today a mix of fast A-roads and motorway at the speed limit

It’s actually better than I used to get out of my Merc C220d

Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
Cracking MPG for that car foxy367 and have the fun of the handling, comfort and performance as well!

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
Foxy - how does that mpg compare with your 7.5PP?

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
Because I'm a bit of a stato (and record all of my fuel use as I use my car for business) on a run the best I got out of it was around 42 (similar roads and speed)

The overall Average of the Mk7.5 was 34mpg. SO far on the Clubsport this is at just under 35 but prior to June I was doing very short journeys with a lot of stop start and it was closer to 30mpg. In June alone its 37 average.

Don't get me wrong when its given the opportunity I enjoy ringing its neck like the next person but when I'm doing the commute as its pretty boring roads I'm happy to kick back and relax and regularly get over 40mpg without really trying.

It amazes me somtheing this quick can actually achieve such good mpg when you want it to  :whistle:
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver