Author Topic: New member - 3rd time lucky on 7.5 GTI?  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Pandemonium

• Just got here
Re: New member - 3rd time lucky on 7.5 GTI?
« Reply #10 on: 12 June 2022, 22:38 »
Thanks all.

Went to see her on Saturday, drove her and inspected her and fell in love. The red against the tungsten silver is a great look IMHO.

Not a scratch or dent on her that I could see. Only downside is the dealer put some god awful economy tyres on so once I’ve got the reserves back going to get some quality shoes out back on. Clutch in good shape, none of the aforementioned issues with thermostat etc have arisen on this as of yet but I’ll be keeping a very close eye on it. I do less than 5k a year and prefer to service what I can on my own. However I’ve got 2 year dealer warranty so if it does go balls up at least they should repair FOC.

You know you’ve bought the right car when you turn around and take a photo in a super market car park. I’ve always wanted to own a GTI and it feels good to put the key in the ignition and see the red Gti logo flash up.

Not planning any mods for a while. Going to keep her stock and enjoy as is. Maybe some spacers…
« Last Edit: 12 June 2022, 22:47 by Pandemonium »

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 13 June 2022, 01:42 »
Brilliant, enjoy.
I also love the red GTI display, the way the instruments fire up and the dancing headlights 😀
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 13 June 2022, 15:31 »
Looks great! I'm sure you'll be lucky this time. I can thoroughly recommend fitting an Audi short shift to the gearbox, about £50 and 30 mins basic spannering. Feels great. Also replacing the standard bumpstop on the clutch pedal, removes about half an inch or so of un-necessary travel. Makes more of a difference than it sounds like it would! About £10 on ebay.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Pandemonium

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 13 June 2022, 15:41 »
Thanks both - I'll take a look into it. A shorter shift in this sounds like it'd be great fun so that one will go near the top of the mod list.

Offline Pandemonium

• Just got here
« Reply #14 on: 19 June 2022, 20:28 »
Loving the car so far.

Only downside - on Friday a chump decided to parallel park behind me and swiped my bumper, dented it and stripped the paint right off. I didn’t see him do it as I was down the road at the time but I do have photos of his car and mine (my paintwork is on his bumper…) - but with no CCTV he’s denying it and now I’m stuck with a £500+ bill. *sigh* some people are right *****

« Last Edit: 19 June 2022, 20:29 by Pandemonium »

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 19 June 2022, 21:52 »
What a pain, hope you get it sorted soon.

If you want a part number for the short shift let me know and I'll see if I can find it. I have pictures of it and there are fitting tutorials on youtube. The bump stop is well worth doing too.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.