Author Topic: New member checking in!  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
New member checking in!
« on: 05 June 2022, 21:02 »
Hi,
Just joined the forum after the recent purchase of a Mk8 GTI, I’ve been the proud owner of many golfs over the years, a couple of Mk4 R32’s, but particularly GTI’s of various Mk’s, I recently strayed to BMW in the form of a 2020 M135i, but never really enjoyed it and yearned for another GTI, my Mk8 is pictured below after having eibach pro-kit springs installed, I’ve found this forum to be a great source of knowledge before joining and look forward to contributing in the future,  and hopefully helping others with the little VW knowledge I’ve gained thus far.
Thanks, Charles.

Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: New member checking in!
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2022, 17:14 »
Welcome Charles!

Nice looking motor!

Done many miles yet?

I almost was swayed by the M135i/128TI but... well, here I am :)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2022, 20:20 »
Thanks! I absolutely love the car, couldn’t wait to get back into a GTI, the BMW was built really well, and was a high quality machine, but oh boy was it DULL! I’ve actually somehow covered 3K in the last three months, and I use a van all week!! Just love driving it, and can’t help but take the scenic route everywhere!  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 08 June 2022, 20:23 by Carlosfandango »
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 09 June 2022, 14:08 »
Welcome Charles  :smiley:
Nicely specced GTI there  :cool:

I’m an ex-GTI, ex-M135i F40 and now returned mk8 GTI owner too.
Fantastic cars those M135i’s from a build quality stance, but a GTI always feels like “home”.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 10 June 2022, 09:50 »
Welcome. They look really nice in Kings red. Takes a while to get over taking the scenic route if ever :laugh:
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 10 June 2022, 23:24 »
Welcome. They look really nice in Kings red. Takes a while to get over taking the scenic route if ever :laugh:
I’m really quite smitten with my choice of colour! Completely disregarded Kings Red initially, but then saw one at the dealership while I was looking at a different car, made my mind up there and then that it had to be that colour, my last three GTI’s were grey and the one before that was black, so red was a little out of my comfort zone, very pleased with my choice though! 👌

Welcome Charles  :smiley:
Nicely specced GTI there  :cool:

I’m an ex-GTI, ex-M135i F40 and now returned mk8 GTI owner too.
Fantastic cars those M135i’s from a build quality stance, but a GTI always feels like “home”.

Totally agree, ever since I drove a Mk8 GTI about a year ago I knew I had to have one, it felt reassuringly familiar, the BMW was simply unable to conjure up the same emotions.
Current car -

Gone -
👇see it here👇