Author Topic: So my car has developed a miss-fire  (Read 3998 times)

Offline joe6

• I live here
Re: So my car has developed a miss-fire
« Reply #10 on: 30 March 2022, 21:44 »
Wugga what is the torque for the spark plugs. Think it is 25nm but not sure?
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Wugga

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 03 April 2022, 08:10 »
Im not sure - I would double check with your local garage - I had mine done by my local garage. Sorry
VW BORA TDI 2004 (Black)
VW GOLF GTI 2002 (Black)
VW GOLF GT TDI 2005 (Grey)
VW GOLF GTI 2009 (Silver)
VW GOLF GTD 2018 (Black)

Offline Borbus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 24 October 2022, 11:35 »
This happened to me the other day! First time I've felt something wrong and luckily was close to home so kept the revs low and got it home. OBD11 showed misfire on cylinder 2 so swapped round coil packs on cylinders 2 and 3 and the misfire went away! Drove around, made the engine hot, gave some beans etc. and couldn't make it happen again. Put it down to corrosion on the contact. Cleaned all the contacts with WD40 just to be sure.

Then about 100 miles later it happened again. Unplugged the coil packs on the side of the road and plugged back in and it went away again for another 100 miles or so again. This time OBD11 showed the misfire was cylinder 3, so seems that coil pack is on its way out.

Looking at them they are all different versions of Delphi coil packs so I think they've been replaced one by one over the years. I'll replace all 4 and hopefully fix the problem.
2010 Mk6 GTI