Author Topic: TCR muffler on GTI performance  (Read 7798 times)

Offline Gitteh

• Just got here
TCR muffler on GTI performance
« on: 04 April 2020, 11:10 »
Hi guys did anyone try a TCR muffler on his gti 7.5? Would be interesting to know if this improves the sound a bit, like the CS muffler does on the gti7.

https://shop.ahw-shop.de/vw-golf-7-gti-tcr-nachschalldaempfer-original-endschalldaempfer-sport

Here you can see an American who is happy with it. (The car is stage1)
https://youtu.be/3XYOMeK80lI

Best regards,
Piet

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: TCR muffler on GTI performance
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2020, 11:26 »
If I had a gti I’d do this mod. Sounds great.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline candy turbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2020, 16:32 »
apparently the css/tcr rear muffler was designed by sebring  , ive added a custom resonator onto my css as i thought it was still too quiet
clubsport S no 215

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 05 April 2020, 22:20 »
I think in that video it sounds really nice.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline McBoogle

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 04 July 2020, 13:11 »
There seems to be a lot of positive chat about the CS muffler on the Mk7 so I would have expected more people to be trying this on the 7.5

Has anyone on here got one and is the website in the OP's post legit enough to buy from?

Offline RichardP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 11 July 2020, 18:58 »
There seems to be a lot of positive chat about the CS muffler on the Mk7 so I would have expected more people to be trying this on the 7.5

Has anyone on here got one and is the website in the OP's post legit enough to buy from?
Hi I have a cat back Cs exhaust coming off my Clubsport around end of July/start of August when it will be for sale....let me know if you are interested?

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 11 July 2020, 19:43 »
Unfortunately Richard exhausts from MK7 and MK7.5 are not interchangeable. Another point is the CS exhaust has a reducer after the first resonator so actually has a smaller diameter pipe than the standard GTI! The rear box is more free flowing which makes it sound more grunty than the std MK7 GTI. The popular mod for MK7 GTI owners is to upgrade to the CSS rear box which fits straight to the standard GTI mid pipe and combined with the free flowing rear box helps differentiate the noise of the CSS from the CS. To be honest I am sure the CS pipe is still an upgrade for GTI owners so I am sure it will sell.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline RustyGTi

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 15 July 2020, 09:00 »
I might be interested in the muffler for my MK7 GTI, let me know when available

Offline gixerste

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 30 July 2020, 08:45 »
Just bought one of these back boxes from Germany ,waiting for it to arrive  so I can get it  fitted 🙂
Indium grey D.S.G. Mk7.5GTI pp

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 08 December 2020, 20:00 »
I ordered my TCR muffler from euro-parts.co.uk a few weeks back. I picked and paid for priority shipping (4day delivery) but they sent it by standard which took around 2 weeks or so. I had to demand a refund for the difference in postage which was €20 in the difference. It arrived without the box and was just wrapped in bubble wrap.

Anyway I had it fitted today and I'm very pleased with the results. It had a deeper, more throaty sound and the DSG farts are much louder. Inside the cabin it sounds as loud as if you have the soundaktor in sport mode. (I leave mine in eco and will soon turn off with OBDeleven). At a cruise the sound is the same as a stock GTI muffler. You can hear the difference at cold start, free revving the engine and of course when the engine is under load which is where it's most noticeable.

I was in a rush today but I managed to take a before and after video although I'll try take better ones of acceleration and cold start etc.

Here is a link to the video for anyone who is interested.

https://youtu.be/sBOrwp3SGQU
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver