Author Topic: Can vw dealers see changes made by vag com?  (Read 1261 times)

Offline pedrod316

• Not said much yet
Can vw dealers see changes made by vag com?
« on: 05 November 2013, 19:45 »
I need to put car into main vw dealer as my local vw is beyond useless!! Trouble is i updated my stereo with new software/maps from this site, which has now caused more hassle than worth as rear camera stop'd working (working now) and the satnav is now faulty! Local garage cant fix as they dont have the newest software to match what is on stereo at moment and cant under stand how this software is on stereo, at this point i had to look away from guy to keep straight face!

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
Re: Can vw dealers see changes made by vag com?
« Reply #1 on: 05 November 2013, 21:13 »
Yes, they can.
If you know where to look, it's very easy to see which modules have been re-coded outside the dealer network.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline pedrod316

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 05 November 2013, 21:19 »
Oh dear! Will it be dated as well then, what about firmware update also?

Cheers

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 05 November 2013, 21:25 »
I'm not sure it's dated...and to be honest, I'm not sure updating the FW would be evident.
If you add an RNS or Bluetooth kit, or re-code the BCM or similar, it's obvious that it's been coded...but if you only updated the FW on a pre-fitted RNS, I doubt it would show, because you aren't affecting the coding.

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline pedrod316

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 05 November 2013, 21:32 »
Yeh no what your saying, stereo was factory fitted and i only clicked & un clicked couple boxs on vag com to try re setting camera so maybe all good to put in to main dealer without ending up a right weapon...

Offline AaronMc

• Not said much yet
  • GTI Life..
« Reply #5 on: 05 November 2013, 22:55 »
I work for a Main Dealer and we wouldn't go to that much effort to see if someone has tried coding themselves.

It may help to mention what you have done to give the tech the best chance of sorting it however.

Golf GTI MK6 Manual - Tornado Red with Jacara Cloth, Monza Shadows, RNS510, Dynaudio System, Fiscon Bluetooth, Front & Rear Park Sensors, ACC, Cruise Control, Winter Pack & Xenon Lights.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 November 2013, 17:59 »
I once knew a guy who owned a mk6 whose main dealer did the coding so they can't that @rsed? :whistle: