Author Topic: GTD+  (Read 42238 times)

Offline Buddy

• Not said much yet
GTD+
« on: 02 October 2013, 20:50 »
Notched over the 1,000 mile mark at the weekend. Everything seems to be loosening up nicely and have been throwing in the odd spirited burst here and there  :evil: this is a sorted car.

To celebrate this millenium landmark, I bit the bullet today and ordered a tuning box from tdi-tuning. Huge advertised gains and I'm looking forward to seeing how the claims translate  :laugh: I'll update my experience and findings here.

It's due to arrive via UPS at some point tomorrow and I plan to fit it when I get home from work.

Offline andyk11

• Not said much yet
Re: GTD+
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2013, 21:00 »
Will be interested to hear how you get on with the box from tdi-tuning... their claimed power increases are certainly very ambitious! About 235ps iirc?

Couldn't agree more.. it's a thoroughly sorted car even as standard.
Tornado Red GTD ordered 25th April, confirmed BW34. Built sometime in BW36, now in the UK and delivered 27/09 :-)

Offline Buddy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2013, 21:37 »
Yeh around 235 bhp and around 360 ft lbs!
Great gains if they bear out.

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2013, 21:55 »
Jeez can't wait to hear about this one!
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2013, 22:29 »
Buddy, are you driving a manual or DSG? Still waiting for my DSG to arrive but think I may get it tuned at some point. Just not sure how it will work with DSG and the torque.

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 03 October 2013, 11:41 »
I really hope this is true, however, take it with a pinch of salt I think! Cant wait to hear your thoughts. If you can, a 0-60 time would be great, as ive read its closer to 6.8/9 as standard than the 7.5 quoted
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

mjh_056

« Reply #6 on: 03 October 2013, 11:57 »
I really hope this is true, however, take it with a pinch of salt I think! Cant wait to hear your thoughts. If you can, a 0-60 time would be great, as ive read its closer to 6.8/9 as standard than the 7.5 quoted

That 7.5 secs is 0-62 and that does make a difference even if small, - I have seen in time 6.7 to 7.1 secs 0-60

But anyway spin it, all is quick enough for UK roads in day to day, it's a total fact.

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 03 October 2013, 12:06 »

I doubt the extra 50bhp will make all that much difference to 0-60 times because the car is traction limited in first gear and probably some of second (and it will not reduce the required number of gear changes). The extra power and torque will be used to turn the tyres into smoke and black lines on the road

It should make the biggest difference in "normal driving" where power will be much more accessible and the car is much less likely to be traction limited e.g mid range acceleration for overtaking and on the motorway...

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)

Offline virginVWman

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 03 October 2013, 12:08 »

That 7.5 secs is 0-62 and that does make a difference even if small, - I have seen in time 6.7 to 7.1 secs 0-60

But anyway spin it, all is quick enough for UK roads in day to day, it's a total fact.

True but on occasions you do like to nail it from stand still or burst some pr*ck in a wee fiesta st or whatever it may be to put him back in his cage. I rag the sh*t out my a3 2.0 and still manage after three years from new 45mpg
Mk VII 3dr GTD in DBP
Fitted DTUK Stage 2 (CRD-T)

mjh_056

« Reply #9 on: 03 October 2013, 13:26 »

True but on occasions you do like to nail it from stand still or burst some pr*ck in a wee fiesta st or whatever it may be to put him back in his cage. I rag the sh*t out my a3 2.0 and still manage after three years from new 45mpg

As said in another post my present car has not embarrassed me in such situations over 6 years and not suspecting the GTD would either- Mine is easily 45mpg -50mpg and aside from some ride issues I could not have been more happy with my 2 x A3 but time for a change and not having any doubts that GTD will be a great car too.