Author Topic: Do you consider the GTD noisy - engine wise  (Read 13730 times)

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
Re: Do you consider the GTD noisy - engine wise
« Reply #20 on: 30 September 2013, 20:36 »
That's me told  :wink: :wink: :wink:   
You're right about the MFD but I was a bit surprised it didn't spot the 2ft x2ft pillar tbh
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 02 October 2013, 21:10 »
Sorry Gordor if my reply was a bit terse  :laugh: it should pick up obstacles but sometimes it either gives you a false beep after its picked something up or sometimes it beeps if something has slightly obscured the sensor.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Skinnee D

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 03 October 2013, 06:18 »
To be true, the park assist is a bit of a gimmick (first time I have specced it also) I too might have bought it to protect the 19s from the good lady, but it would have driven the car into a pillar in the multi-storey last Thursday if I had let it :sad: :sad: :sad:
that's not the fault of the park assist. nothing wrong with system and it's far from gimmicky. it says before in the mfd to check and your always in charge not the car and if you think it'll save your alloys think again. if the car in front or behind is parked with a wheel touching the kerb the yours will too as it uses the other cars as reference points.
I did wonder whether the extra side sensors would detect the average kerb or not - guessing not...
GTD + 3 pedals :-)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 03 October 2013, 07:20 »
if your parking yourself then they will beep for the kerb depending on height. if use the park assist it uses the other cars as reference points not the kerb.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Skinnee D

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #24 on: 03 October 2013, 16:09 »
if your parking yourself then they will beep for the kerb depending on height. if use the park assist it uses the other cars as reference points not the kerb.

Cheers mcmaddy.  Looking forward to trialling it myself.
GTD + 3 pedals :-)