Only the finest form of spam sir  :tongue:

Running Man

Re: S3
« Reply #71 on: 07 July 2013, 21:07 »

Offline Poached

• I live here
« Reply #72 on: 07 July 2013, 21:09 »
I was suckered into vw so called modern cars quality. After a successful 8 years of reliable rattle free SEAT GTIs/cupras I went upmarket and got suckered by the mk5(then spent 5 years trading advice with redrobin on tyresmoke fixing and advicing others on how to fix all the rattles, issues, and preventative measures against rusting sills, bootlids, wings etc) then foolishly stupidly the idiot i am fell for it again and got the mk6 and started the poor build and the vwuk order and diabolical service and shocking poor rubbish dealers all over again.....
My father ran Audis for over 25 years without issues I really wish I could say the same about modern VWs. I would really really like to but modern VW I have found poor especially from an engineering point of view were as my mk1 has been fantastic over the past 22 years.
Audis maybe poor but there built to a higher build cost than vw because they are allowed a higher project cost. Vw is just a cut price Audi. VW is an Audi with cost cutting.

Are the equivalent aged Audi's not rattling?

What are the Skoda factories doing differently...with an even smaller project cost than the VW?

Either way are any of the German car makes reliable as there past reputation seems to suggest to the general public, 'It's VW it must be reliable'.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #73 on: 07 July 2013, 21:13 »
All makes have problems though.  My Boss's BMW had been nicknamed the "money bucket", a friend bought a 2nd hand Civic Type R and must have been to see dozens before he found one with no prior issues.  Toyota foreve doing recalls... Not had a problem with a Ford, but I bet that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #74 on: 07 July 2013, 21:27 »
All makes have problems though.  My Boss's BMW had been nicknamed the "money bucket", a friend bought a 2nd hand Civic Type R and must have been to see dozens before he found one with no prior issues.  Toyota foreve doing recalls... Not had a problem with a Ford, but I bet that doesn't mean they don't exist.

I know I've said this before, but the lease company got the hump with my '09 A4 Sline TFSI when it went in for new wheel bearings (About £1k) because they had already spent £9,000 on it over 4 years... and it had a complete new engine in it (Though Audi changed it over 3 separate visits!!) and it was £34,500 new!.. mind you....it looked fantastic imo sat on it's 19's  :cool:

Rich
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline Johnc41

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #75 on: 07 July 2013, 21:32 »
I was suckered into vw so called modern cars quality. After a successful 8 years of reliable rattle free SEAT GTIs/cupras I went upmarket and got suckered by the mk5(then spent 5 years trading advice with redrobin on tyresmoke fixing and advicing others on how to fix all the rattles, issues, and preventative measures against rusting sills, bootlids, wings etc) then foolishly stupidly the idiot i am fell for it again and got the mk6 and started the poor build and the vwuk order and diabolical service and shocking poor rubbish dealers all over again.....
My father ran Audis for over 25 years without issues I really wish I could say the same about modern VWs. I would really really like to but modern VW I have found poor especially from an engineering point of view were as my mk1 has been fantastic over the past 22 years.
Audis maybe poor but there built to a higher build cost than vw because they are allowed a higher project cost. Vw is just a cut price Audi. VW is an Audi with cost cutting.

As regarding your comments on vw build quality I have had 15 vw over the last 10 years and never had one a rattle or problem with any of the cars I have owned. I had constant problems with the Audi a4 it was a pile of junk.

Offline Gordor

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #76 on: 07 July 2013, 21:37 »

As regarding your comments on vw build quality I have had 15 vw over the last 10 years and never had one a rattle or problem with any of the cars I have owned. I had constant problems with the Audi a4 it was a pile of junk.

Ah...good point, a lot people at work have Golf bluemotions (Clearly no style  :wink:) they absolutely love them and have no issues with them whatsoever 
GTD Pure White : 19" Santiago's : Winter Pack : Dynaudio : Park Assist : High Beam Assist

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #77 on: 08 July 2013, 13:19 »
All makes have problems though.   My Boss's BMW had been nicknamed the "money bucket", a friend bought a 2nd hand Civic Type R and must have been to see dozens before he found one with no prior issues.  Toyota foreve doing recalls... Not had a problem with a Ford, but I bet that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Just being a bit evil.
With Hyundai, Kia, Skoda, Dacia: huge problems. Need name changes!  :evil:
Good cars, though.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #78 on: 08 July 2013, 23:25 »
I like boobies

:embarrassed: me too

Which type?