Author Topic: Buckfizzturbos Build Thread: VW Bora > Air Suspension > BBS RS  (Read 147624 times)

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
LowCollective - East Anglias Premier German Car Event - 07/09/14 IP14 6AT

Www.lowcollective.com please search 'low collective cars' on Facebook

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Aesthetically this could well be my favourite car on here now. Absolutely love it.  :wink:

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Aesthetically this could well be my favourite car on here now. Absolutely love it.  :wink:

Wow thanks man.

Plenty more to come  :wink:

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
Fantastic mate.Looking real good!

Ive been toying with the idea of air myself,purely for practicality as i dont want to destroy the underneath of my car.
What made you choose the system you have gone with?

Cant wait to see it done.

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Fantastic mate.Looking real good!

Ive been toying with the idea of air myself,purely for practicality as i dont want to destroy the underneath of my car.
What made you choose the system you have gone with?

Cant wait to see it done.

Chere's bud can't wait to see it on the deck.

I went for air because of practicality aswell. When I sell the mk2 the mk3 will be both show and daily so air will cover both of them. Slammed for shows, raised for bumps etc. perfect.

The reason I chose my system was simple really I fort if im going to buy it buy the best. Did think about going with bag yard struts but heard nothing bad about air lift. E level is such a cool system aswell. 3 saved settings and when weight is added in the car the ecu will automatically add air to raise it back up to the height it should be. 4 corner adjustability aswell. And now I've got the remote to show off aswell lol.

It's basically the best of the best. This however is not cheap  :shocked:

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
Im all for using the best but as im chucking £2k at the engine i was only going to throw £1500 at airing it out.Not sure how far this would get me mind but all fittings and pipe i can get from work as im in engineering.
I guess it all depends on the management i choose.

I will notch the chassis when i smooth the bay but im not sure if there is any cutting/welding to be done on the rear.So im watching this build very closely  :evil:

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Im all for using the best but as im chucking £2k at the engine i was only going to throw £1500 at airing it out.Not sure how far this would get me mind but all fittings and pipe i can get from work as im in engineering.
I guess it all depends on the management i choose.

I will notch the chassis when i smooth the bay but im not sure if there is any cutting/welding to be done on the rear.So im watching this build very closely  :evil:

I reckon rear end wise apart from the arches nothing will be done.

Could go more extreme with the front and raise the turrets but I will c how it goes before I do that.

£1500 would get you sorted m8 if you can get the plumbing. Havair do a basic kit for £1695 with paddle valves and gauges so would get u started and them you could add better management later on. Would be even cheaper if u just buy the struts and controls!!

Chassis notch is a must if you want full pertential of the air system.

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
Ive already got my turret tops cut off a donor in my garage just incase i decide to do that but i was hoping air and a chassis notch would suffice.
I will have a look at the Havair kit cheers :)

Offline Buckfizzturbo

• Here all the time
Ive already got my turret tops cut off a donor in my garage just incase i decide to do that but i was hoping air and a chassis notch would suffice.
I will have a look at the Havair kit cheers :)

Keep n eye on my thread m8 n I will let you know if it's needed.

Offline gtiballs61

• I live here
  • Wanted-nearside wing in lp3g(flash red)
Looking sweet man.
Top job on the air,just need to see more pics now :cool: