Author Topic: Beeve's MK3! -- NEW RIMS PG7! DISHHHH.  (Read 15626 times)

Offline AdamBeevers

• GTI forum regular
Beeve's MK3! -- NEW RIMS PG7! DISHHHH.
« on: 27 October 2011, 22:05 »
Hi guys, just sold my old MK2 polo breadvan to allow for a slightly newer and bigger car! (both body and engine)! So much nicer having power assisted steering, a brake servo and the list can go on! Anyway, bought this baby from Brighton (2 hours away) after seeing it on the bay of E, once i saw it and realised how little 1.4 3doors exist anymore i knew i was going to have to act quick, so sent the owner a message explaining i wouldnt have money for another week and would like to view it if he was willing to remove from ebay, explaining i was an enthusiast. He agree'd and everyone lived happy ever after, i got the car, drove back, no problems. Car's got a full service history, stamped at every interval, 80,000 miles on the clock and is a metallic turquois colour, sort of? Body works in good nick minus the passenger door but will get that sorted soon. Had it up on the ramp, all healthy on the underside too bar a slight leak from the gear selector.. no biggy.
12 months MOT too so as persil say, 'thats a load of your mind'. Needs new pads ASAP mind, not much left  :rolleyes:

so got her back, fitted a new ipod compatible headunit as the old one drove me mad having to drive home for 2 hours listening to rather flat, quiet, fuzzy radio. Also fitted a 8" JL sub (in custom box, fits in rear arch) with a genesis amp, good bits of kit highly recommended, very punchy, none of this boom box shi...

So yeah, for now thats ok on the sound side of things.. future plans for sound will be components (already got them just need motivation to fit, an ampage), do a tidier boot install and retrim it, bluetooth headunit and some rear speakers which arent 6x9's.. previous owner had some in the shelf and then tried making it stealthy by stapeling some LOOSE carpet over them... oh dear..

also went to the scrappy to see what was about, plus a fog blank fell off on the way home, useless things..  :huh: and came home with GTI rear lights, GTI spoiler, boot struts (guess what there for!) and think thats it.
Already fitted the lights, weathers been too rubbish to do much annoyingly.

Got some other idea's too, got some VW bottle top alloys which im planning on refurbing in a very unique way but going to take ages so that wont happen anytime soon! Leather interior possibly.. or recaro's not sure yet, fit electric windows, remote central locking.. possibly aim for a euro look? not sure and depends if i plan on keeping the car, if so, engine conversion in the future once money allows.. but like i say, depends how i get on with the car... lots of idea's floating about! Here's a few pictures, sadly no decent ones, but i think once its sunny and i polish the paintwork up she'll look awesome..
enjoy!

« Last Edit: 25 March 2012, 10:42 by AdamBeevers »

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: Beevers got a new car! MK3 3door!
« Reply #1 on: 27 October 2011, 23:40 »
Looks tidy  :smiley: and as you said 1.4 3drs are getting thin on the ground.

Offline trog_nfs

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 28 October 2011, 13:26 »
Especially as top gear buy them then roll them in the 17yo challenge.

Looks tidy though. Better than my first 1.4 anyway  :grin:

Offline AdamBeevers

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 30 October 2011, 09:08 »
Cheers guys :) next few major things il be doing is sourcing a new passenger door, getting that sprayed where I work, then lowering and then interior, for now but if your like any of my friends and know me, in the mean time I always do all the small bits and bobs ;) here's some better pics after a polish and wax :)

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 30 October 2011, 09:59 »
Looks good but you need to get that bumper trim sorted!  :wink:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline AdamBeevers

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 06 November 2011, 23:04 »
Just need a heat gun it, not my main worry at the moment  :laugh:

Few updates, new passenger door sourced and a good enough quote for me to be bothered to get it sprayed at a body shop, new grill, GTI door cards so now got OEM placed speakers, new gear gaiter, brake pads fitted, door wiring looms plus electric window bits sourced... Happy days :)

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 November 2011, 07:50 »
Looking good dude! Nice to see a Golf with a more unusual colour on here :) are you gonna get the grill painted at the same time as the door?

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #7 on: 07 November 2011, 17:36 »
i had a 5door in this cooler. euro'd it out. woop woop    :cool:

Offline AdamBeevers

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 07 November 2011, 23:18 »
That's the plan for this in the long run, got any pictures for inspiration? Yeh I like the colour, shines up well :) and yes spoke to the fella tonight at a meet about the grille lower section being painted and he said that's cool so happy days, hopefully this week if I pull my finger out!

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #9 on: 08 November 2011, 09:56 »
unfortunatly not, there all on my old comp. smooth, decked n nice wheels. i had bbs's for a while