Author Topic: MK3 Golf GTI Diamond Black!  (Read 12718 times)

Offline CCGTI

• I live here
  • Fueled Society
Re: MK3 Golf GTI Diamond Black!
« Reply #10 on: 10 October 2011, 19:24 »
Bargain with that milage. Pity about the box though. Mine had 142k which still isnt mega high! Cant even get a dog sh!te corsa for this sort of price!  :smiley:

Thats true mate, with no history on this car mate replaced engine and all this welding i wouldnt take it on unless you have all the skills to weld it, prep it and paint it

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 10 October 2011, 19:38 »
Lol thats is what £318 gets you these days, plus a vague ebay description! Nah it is abit bad but im in no hurry, its not being used just purely project, hopefully be moving house in a month or so then ill have more space to crack on with it, been doin a few bits and bobs last few days so ill do an update tomoz.

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #12 on: 10 October 2011, 21:04 »
Shame it turned out to be so rusty but these cars just attract the stuff one of the reasons I moved on from my old mk3 and mine had very little but the threat was always there.If you do stick with it fair play but I think it would be better to break it just my view either way good luck  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 10 October 2011, 21:24 »
That doesn't look good at all, is it repairable at all?
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline gtiballs61

• I live here
  • Wanted-nearside wing in lp3g(flash red)
« Reply #14 on: 10 October 2011, 21:47 »
 :shocked:
Titanic aint got that much rust :grin:
You are a brave man.....

Whats with the rear end floating oakey?

http://i1105.photobucket.com/albums/h353/fordmistral/DSCF0635.jpg

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 10 October 2011, 22:23 »
Youve got a kean eye, that was my first dose of the VW world, it was my mk2 16v i had it for 2 years, only drove it probly 1 out of the 2, id started stripping the underside to treat some areas of surface rust and reseal it hence floating, since then it has been sold as lack of storage space, bit gutted tbh but never mind.
Your all putting me off repairing the MK3 now, i didnt think it was too bad but your all swaying me lol

Offline CCGTI

• I live here
  • Fueled Society
« Reply #16 on: 10 October 2011, 22:40 »
Youve got a kean eye, that was my first dose of the VW world, it was my mk2 16v i had it for 2 years, only drove it probly 1 out of the 2, id started stripping the underside to treat some areas of surface rust and reseal it hence floating, since then it has been sold as lack of storage space, bit gutted tbh but never mind.
Your all putting me off repairing the MK3 now, i didnt think it was too bad but your all swaying me lol

break it, put the money towards something you can enjoy and do up at the same time

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 10 October 2011, 23:06 »
You may be right, think ill have a good prod around it tomoro and make up my mind lol!

Offline Gti_Jamo

• I live here
  • 1991 Corrado 1.8 G60
« Reply #18 on: 10 October 2011, 23:13 »
Looks like a fair bit of work but don't let that put you off. I have recently begun a thread on here of my ebay purchase Mk3 Gti which i'm practically rebuilding and in the process of welding just now. Sills and arches along with other bits here and there. Panels are cheap, and aslong as you have the relative knowledge then its a worthwhile project.

97' Mk3 Golf Gti 2.0 8v Rebuild Project http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=208865.0

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 10 October 2011, 23:30 »
Bollocks to that, repair it. Makes a good hobby and yeah we can break this one, break the next but soon there won't be many left.

Just repair it and make a decent example, yeah OK it might not be original but all the more reason to slam it.  :evil:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.