Author Topic: Storm Grey mk3 project  (Read 6455 times)

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
Re: Pearl Grey mk3 project
« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2011, 22:38 »
Also this may be storm grey, fook knows, it looks metallic when your with it. The sticker is missing from the boot and I haven't got round to asking VW

have you got the VW service book as there should be another white factory sticker on the inside of the front cover?

Offline Adezmk3

• Here all the time
Re: Pearl Grey mk3 project
« Reply #11 on: 19 May 2011, 23:27 »
No sadly not, I got this car relatively cheap and it came with nothing apart from 1 key and the log book. I hadn't ever seen one in this colour so bought it at random, knowing I could probably brake it for nearly what I had paid. I've got it through an mot now. I've got exams on the go at the moment but will be getting insurance and tax next month so will find out if there are any real mechanical issues once I start to use it, (fingers crossed there aren't!)

Most of the trips I need to do next month are between Nottingham, Hinckley and London so if there are problems I should pick up on them pretty quickly.

When the engine is warmed up a leak appears, I am not sure if it is oil or powersteering fluid yet, hopefully it's nothing to bad. I do have most tools to repair whatever it could be, just don't really want to pour too much money into parts for it until I've used it for a bit and know I actually like the car.

I will keep you updated next month, I'm not doing anything to exciting to it apart from trying to keep it looking fairly standard with subtle cosmetic mods.

Cheers

Adrian

Offline Adezmk3

• Here all the time
Re: Storm Grey mk3 project
« Reply #12 on: 21 May 2011, 13:44 »
Called VW today and got the paint code confirming everyone was right, it is 'storm grey metallic' k7y.

On a side point, if you call Ruislip VW, it is an expensive 08 number, if you call Nottingham, it is a standard number and the parts guy is very helpful so I recommend ringing them where ever you are in the country for queries.

I am starting to think I will keep the car looking as standard as possible and just sort any scratches, parking dents and the paint work out by buying replacement panels and bumpers etc which are fairly cheap second hand anyway.

I am after a tow bar after discovering that you don't need to do a test to use one providing what you tow weighs below 750Kgs and total mass of everything you are driving is below 3.5 tonnes.

Cheers

Adrian