Author Topic: Accuair Elevel Mk1 golf 20v turbo  (Read 223626 times)

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
Re: mk1 golf 20v turbo GYD SLAMMIN ;)
« Reply #350 on: 13 July 2011, 22:45 »
i hope you guys like debadged grills for mk1 golf's as i just purchased one  :smiley: NEARLY bought a set of smoked clear front headlights and yes there E marked that makes them road legal  :cool: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

OPINIONS PLEASE

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #351 on: 13 July 2011, 23:09 »
Debadged grill... Meh.  :undecided:

Can work in certain cases. Don't know until it's on.

It's your car, so if you like it, screw everyone else!!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #352 on: 13 July 2011, 23:10 »
I think it would look better with a badged grille

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #353 on: 13 July 2011, 23:26 »
I was so stuck for choice i just didnt know what one to go for il put it on when i get it and post a pic up to see what you guys think i may not even like it yet aha

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #354 on: 14 July 2011, 11:46 »
I was so stuck for choice i just didnt know what one to go for il put it on when i get it and post a pic up to see what you guys think i may not even like it yet aha

One thing that puts me off debadged grilles is they usually look cheap,finish wise anyway... nearly considered one for mine but ended up sticking with a later cabby grille which has the same amount of slats instead of the original that has 11. Needs to be slightly modified to fit.  Also it matches the ridges on the BBS front valance.

IMO Mk1's looks their best with OEM Grills and black VW badge. even better in some cases with a red surround

Mine with 5 bar cabby Grille

with red surround painted on

With GTI badge

OEM

Debadged with single lights (the single lights was another option I considered, then I decided I wanted to keep all 6!)

Sorry for the big post.... Does this help make sure you've made the right decision? I'm sure whatever you do you'll pull it off.  :smiley: have you gone for a grille that keeps your spots?

Really want smoked lights on mine too, just not sure which sort yet.

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
Re: mk1 golf 20v turbo GYD
« Reply #355 on: 14 July 2011, 22:47 »
cheers shaun  :grin: you know me if it dont look right then it isent goin on the car i HATE HATE HATE chavvy mods but il put the grill on when i get it and see what it looks like of course il share a picture with you guys  :wink:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #356 on: 14 July 2011, 22:56 »
cheers shaun  :grin: you know me if it dont look right then it isent goin on the car i HATE HATE HATE chavvy mods but il put the grill on when i get it and see what it looks like of course il share a picture with you guys  :wink:

Yeah I trust you wouldn't settle for anything that looks sh*t.

Are you keeping twin lights?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #357 on: 14 July 2011, 22:59 »
oh I forgot to mention your name come up HERE earlier a couple of lines down  :grin:

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #358 on: 14 July 2011, 23:11 »
im gunna do single head lights and i feel i have made a mistake in buyin the debaged grill lol

aha sweet i would love to paint your mk1 shaun but having no time at the minute is my biggest problem then nexr year with goin to all the shows and repainting things to freshen things up on mine inbetween shows i feel its gunna be a manic 2012 haha

what do you guys think about this im pretty sure its a ko3s housing with ko4 internals

http://www.owendevelopments.co.uk/products/product-detail.asp?prodId=209&catId=18&subId=-1

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #359 on: 14 July 2011, 23:21 »
im gunna do single head lights and i feel i have made a mistake in buyin the debaged grill lol

Uh oh, that wasn't my fault was it!?  :laugh:

aha sweet i would love to paint your mk1 shaun but having no time at the minute is my biggest problem then nexr year with goin to all the shows and repainting things to freshen things up on mine inbetween shows i feel its gunna be a manic 2012 haha

Dude, it's kind of an ongoing joke purely due to the fact that you've done a great job on yours so far, everyone can see that, and mine needs your love.  But, I understand you are busy and I am in no position to fund a job like that on mine at the moment.   However, keep me in mind though as by the time you could do it, I should be in position to pay you!  I'm looking at wanting to get a gloss finish on it when everything else is done and i've paid for my wedding next year!  :lipsrsealed:  I'm looking at at least 18 months if i'm honest with myself.  Will try and get the satin finshed before VW Action at least!

http://www.owendevelopments.co.uk/products/product-detail.asp?prodId=209&catId=18&subId=-1

Will have to wait for mk4 bod to chip in on this, I have no idea.  :grin: