Author Topic: Golf MK3 Diesel....Vento Front end- New wheels and bra  (Read 13527 times)

Offline big_cal

• Not said much yet
Well!
I bought the car about a year ago now after owning a 306 for 3 months, which decided to die on me (diesel pump) well what do you expect from buying french??
Back to the point,
I got on the lookout for something reliable and cheap on insurance as id only passed my test 3 months previous, so picked up an ad-mag and started searching!
After many weeks of searching i came across this beauty ;) a 1.9d with 165k on the clock and 6 months m.o.t so couldnt really grumble!
It was hard to look past the stickers but it was mechanically sound and cosmetically mint for its age!
So i parted with £550 and got it home and we began peeling lol

So after taking all the horific stickers off and a good clean it didnt seem to bad a find

I didnt have any plans to do anything to the car but after a few months i got a little bored of the standard look, so began the hunt for some nice wheels and came across these on ebay, ended up paying £120 for them.
Needed 2 new tyres so took a trip to a mates garage and £80 later im ready to go :)
« Last Edit: 29 May 2010, 23:46 by big_cal »

Offline big_cal

• Not said much yet
Re: Golf MK3 Diesel....
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2010, 15:31 »
Driving home from the garage i decided to pick some paint up for the wheels, until funds would let me have them professionally refurbed, as the previous owner seemed a little trigger happy with a rattle can!
so we got to work on the wheels straight away

Offline big_cal

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 20 April 2010, 15:38 »
Wheels were finally done so picked up some fresh locking nuts and centre caps and fitted them to the car.

While we had the paint i decided to paint the badge black to match

« Last Edit: 13 May 2010, 10:04 by big_cal »

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 20 April 2010, 15:42 »
Looks good, needs lowering however.

Offline big_cal

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 20 April 2010, 15:45 »
Which brings me to my next post, i then ordered coilovers :)

Offline big_cal

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2010, 15:55 »
after waiting a good 2 weeks for the coilovers to come we got straight on the job :)
i got a little lucky with how the car sat first time, not alot of room on the rear which looked awesome but was harsh :)
so after a few months it was raised up to how it is in the pics below!
i did take pics of the fitting process but coming to uploading them i couldnt find them any where so ill just stick some up after the wash and polish!

Offline big_cal

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 20 April 2010, 16:19 »
I took a trip to a vw breakers yard after a mk4 gear knob and ended up coming out with mk3 GTI seats for £50, there were a little dirty but after a good blast of upholstry cleaner they were spot on :)

Offline big_cal

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 20 April 2010, 16:31 »

Offline Toopay_MkIII_GT

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 20 April 2010, 18:22 »
car coming along nicely! doing all the rite bits first, making a big difference

Offline Matty-MK3

• I live here
  • Automatic boats FTW.
« Reply #9 on: 20 April 2010, 22:40 »
Nice but I'm sorry the wheels are gash.
Golf MK3 1.8 auto and I didn't pay a grand for the "priveledge" :grin:, auto windows all round and a AC. Oh and I've got a luggage net you pricks!

Does that make my willy look bigger?

Oh yeah it's called Helda or something....