Author Topic: the saga continues ...my mk 6 heap of scrap  (Read 15277 times)

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
Re: the saga continues ...my mk 6 heap of scrap
« Reply #40 on: 05 October 2009, 20:43 »
checklist for when you go to Trading Standards tomorrow make sure you do the following

1) tell them its a safety issue as in the car can and will move by itself
2) If you have any of it on finance / credit card etc take that with you as they will require that

i presume you've changed nothing on the car itself as this will null your right to reject the car.  Also its within the 6 month period you have to reject the car under saftey grounds

Hope that helps

(missus works for Trading Standards  :wink:)

Thanks for the info Rhyso :-) I traded my old mk 5 GTI in against the new car and used a personal loan for the rest so I'm not sure that is the same as finance contract, but I'll ask my bank anyway.

Thanks for all your help guys.

As i posted earlier you have to give them three attempts to fix the problem - 8 visits in 11 weeks is more than enough. Take advice from trading standards, and then put the rejection to the dealer principal in writing (letter, not email), detailing the fault, all visit dates and parts changed - send by registered post.

You cannot gain from the deal, so don't expect a full refund for an 11 week old car. Yoiu are entitled to fair value though, and state the cost to you by travelling 640 miles to find a resolution over these weeks.

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #41 on: 06 October 2009, 03:30 »
Hi Guys... I am new to this forum so Hi..... :laugh:

ADW555

I feel for you.... BUT STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS..... Stop being messed about...

For what its worth and this is what I would do.... Contact Consumer direct without any further delay.... see what they say... But regardless of that you should be on the phone to VAG HQ and climbing the walls... Not agressevly but firmly and get to speak to the someone in the hierarchy.... and DON'T take no for an answer... Just keep pushing...

I would also ask you dealers - Steelers for their area managers number and get him involved...

I can't belive that you have let this run for so long and not pursed them.... The dealers are just fobbing you off and they sound useless.... It is unreasonable for them to expect you to take 6 days LEAVE to sort this out....

I would be making such a fuss and I would not take any more crap from them....

Selling laws are the same for cars as any other purchase and this car IS NOT FIT FOR THE PURPOSE THAT IT WAS SOLD FOR..... And has been faulty from the day it was delivered...

You Have been more than understanding and VAG have A LEGAL responsability to you, & to sort this matter out & I would be also DEMANDING some sort of compensation for your FUEL, TIME & Loss of Earnings...

The More you sit back and let them walk all over you the more they will.... Until your six months is up and they can walk away from it....

RANT OVER...

I Work In Retail & Run My Own Company... So I have some understanding of what they are trying to do... Not That I do anything like that... All you do is lose customers and Times they are a hard....

VAG can't afford to Pee Off Good Customers like yourself.....

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #42 on: 06 October 2009, 08:20 »
DO NOT contact Consumer Direct

Biggest pile of crap going - my missus is forever sorting out the problems THEY created  :shocked: :shocked:

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #43 on: 06 October 2009, 09:02 »
Is that the old Citizens Advice Bureau?
I agree with Rhyso, leave them well alone. My old man worked for them, and while I'm not slating him as he is very intelligent and articulate, It is or at least was basically run with mostly volunteers who had been on a half days course!!

When I had problems with an XR2 I bought from the garage I originally realised the CAB were terrible and resorted to Trading Standards. Much better and professional service, who actually investigate rather than just advise.

I think you have offered them enough chances personally and you should contact the area manager documenting the scale of the problem and listing exactly any communication you have had with the garage, times it has been in for repair and how long, miles accrued and how many days annual leave you have had to take. This is now no longer acceptable.

What about your lawyer? Most will write the first letter free of charge and my be enough to make them realise you are serious.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #44 on: 06 October 2009, 10:28 »
Your contract is with the supplying delaer, not the area manager or VW UK - you need to reject the car with the dealer principal / director.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #45 on: 06 October 2009, 12:04 »
Your contract is with the supplying delaer, not the area manager or VW UK - you need to reject the car with the dealer principal / director.

Yes I know but if the supplying dealer is a national outfit then it is best to contact the area manager of that company. The more managers that know the more they can't be bothered with the hassle.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #46 on: 06 October 2009, 14:14 »
The dealers are messing him about....

You HAVE to take it up with VAG as ultimate responsability lies with them as the manufacturer...

The dealers are only A FRANCHISE....

I have had many arun in with Audi over the years and I have always found the ONLY way to get the Numpty dealers to do something is to escalte the case to the area manager and then with VAG themselves....

Sorry guys the rule with companies like these is who shouts loudest and most gets the job sorted....

Why waist yet more more money & time on solicisters..... Try Consumer direct... Tell VAG & the dealers they are involved, you just have to make first contact with 'em and put the fear of god into the dealers.... Threaten to take it to a newspaper....Anything to get them fecking moving.....

Its Crap.....

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS & USE EM.....

Take my advise and get somewhere or do nothing and get walked all over.... Just like whats happening now!!!!

Offline adw555

• Here all the time
« Reply #47 on: 06 October 2009, 16:25 »
So spoke to Trading Standards and they said it's time to put in writing to the dealer I want to reject the car. I am hoping I can push for a new replacement and not a car the same age/milage as that's likely to be a demonstrator!!. I did bring the car back after two days with 60 miles on it and they told me to keep driving it until a fault was logged...or else I would have rejected it there and then..

we'll see how things go.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #48 on: 06 October 2009, 16:26 »
Good luck.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline X4MGS

• I live here
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
« Reply #49 on: 06 October 2009, 16:56 »
So spoke to Trading Standards and they said it's time to put in writing to the dealer I want to reject the car. I am hoping I can push for a new replacement and not a car the same age/milage as that's likely to be a demonstrator!!. I did bring the car back after two days with 60 miles on it and they told me to keep driving it until a fault was logged...or else I would have rejected it there and then..

we'll see how things go.

Good... Detail everthing.... Time off... costs etc etc.... and point out that your are looking for a new car as compensation for all your out of pocket expenses... or Money to the value of same.... Get your work to do a loss of earnings letter etc.....

Some will say thats to much but ask for nothing get nothing.... Ask for the sky and you may get something as a goodwill gesture....

BUT YOU MUST SEND A COPY By Recorded Delivery To;

1- The Stealers

2- The Area Manager.

3- VAG UK's Managing Director..

The Audi Guy Is Called Jerramy Hicks I Think... Sure someone on here will know who it is...

And point out That you have taken the matter up with TS.... & that your solicit0r is waiting to get involved... It's just a threat but worth noteing... Also tell them you are spreading the word via this forum about how bad the dealers are!!!!!
« Last Edit: 06 October 2009, 17:01 by X4MGS »