Author Topic: 1.4 abd engine upgrades, any ideas?  (Read 2646 times)

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
Re: 1.4 abd engine upgrades, any ideas?
« Reply #10 on: 03 February 2012, 23:57 »
why does noone seem to listen? no matter how many times i say i dont want to hear that its a waste of money and time people only say the same thing. so when you say throw a load of money at it what do you mean? i just want to know where to find the parts.....

SPI engine is just such a bad place to start from and parts hard to find because its not an engine meany people want to tune so no one makes the bits   some parts will be avalibe as will be common fitment with other small block vw motors that are tuned to some extent.

dought you'll be intrested when you see the price but if you cant get the bits drop me a pm and arrange to come by  and we'll be abel to sort whatever bits you want for said engine.  if we cant buy it in,  we'll ether  make it or have it made.   can even have custom head castings done.  but that really costs £ :shocked: amounts
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline alsautos

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 05 February 2012, 00:43 »
How can your car weigh less than a polo ? It's impossible unless all you have is a chassis and a engine, what everyone is trying to do is make u see sence because that engine won't pull skin off rice pudding, any mods you do to it will probably get you back up to standard horse power especially as it's in a heavy car so will be under more strain, easiest mods would be a panel filter and airbox mod and a cat back system but like everyone has said it's a waste of money to modify said engine.
Sorry for poor punctuation but I can't be bothered lol
my golf is literally a chassis and an engine with no interior what so ever no dash no carpets no back seats no speakers no door cards no roof lining and no sound deadening. 2 lightweight seats and perspex windows all round bar the windscreen. thats how.

the plan is to build the shell to a high spec and get it all prepped and then drop a different lump in but i just want a little more power for now and the way i see it someone will buy my engine after for a polo or something.

my car already has kw coilovers all round, upper and lower front strut braces, rear strut brace, polybushes all round, a set of lightweight alloys and an alloy fuel tank.

all ive got left to do before the engine goes in is the rollcage the brakes and a few other little bits.

i know these engines are pretty pathetic standard but as it is now the car is surprisingly nippy id jus like a bit more power untill i get my other bits finished and ready.

thanks to anyone who has given any helpfull info :)

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 05 February 2012, 16:29 »
iirc main problem is its singel point injection, with a small throttel body. there known as electronic carbs  and nigh on untuneable

ditch the spi and things can be done put a 3f polo head on it and ether ITBs bike carbs or just the std 3f polo multipoint injection and it'll go a lot better
all the VW's have gone bar 1.