Author Topic: Cornering Fogs  (Read 3267 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Re: Cornering Fogs
« Reply #10 on: 05 September 2011, 20:20 »
I tried it and it worked ok, unlike my advert for wheels  :grin:

I turned them off as they aint for me  :wink:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #11 on: 05 September 2011, 20:26 »
Looks rubbish IMO and makes the car look as if its broken but being a modern VW that seems to be a given  :lipsrsealed: :grin: :grin:

I dont think it's supposed to look pretty, more to do with the benefits of illuminating the road more as you corner.

Which is great if its pitch black out in the countryside but on an overcast day in the middle of town with good visibility then IMO its completely pointless  :undecided:

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 05 September 2011, 20:45 »
Should be in Knightsbridge early next week Asker and will bring VCDS  :smiley:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 05 September 2011, 20:50 »
Should be in Knightsbridge early next week Asker and will bring VCDS  :smiley:

Thanks Steve.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 05 September 2011, 21:32 »
Works on mine (VCDS) Apr 2010 build. ( I think BW 14 or 15 )

They work... doesnt matter if they look pants.

Spot the difference:

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 05 September 2011, 22:14 »
Great pictures, ajmoir.
Thanks.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 05 September 2011, 22:48 »
No problem, they also only come on when the lights are on, the steering wheel must be turned 80 degrees or more for them to activate when turning.  Less than 50km/h and they also come on with the indicators.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 05 September 2011, 23:08 »
It came standard on my model and it is good for country lanes at a reasonable speed.

However sitting at the traffic lights with your headlights and indicator on it just looks like you are a cock with your fog lights on and one of them is out!! Totally pointless for city driving.

I'd never seen them in operation until the other week when my Mrs was driving my car and I was in the car in front. It looked bizarre as one light would come on then go out with the other going on.  Roundabouts especially, the passenger one goes on as you pull on to the roundabout then goes out with the drivers one on as you go round it then the passengers one again as you pull off it.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 06 September 2011, 07:10 »
Pointless and Gay!  :laugh:

APR Stage 2+

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 06 September 2011, 07:37 »
.....says the man who drives a white 2 door car .... :kiss: