Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2739691 times)

Offline joe6

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11320 on: 10 May 2021, 20:17 »
They look really great with the red body colour.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11321 on: 11 May 2021, 14:48 »
They look really great with the red body colour.

Thanks, I'm going with a dark theme again with this car but trying to not make it exactly the same as my old GTD, which is a lot harder than it seems :grin: :grin:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11322 on: 11 May 2021, 17:52 »
Cleaned and treated the door seals to some Krytox, hopefully it'll help with some b-pillar area rattles. A quick test drive afterwards was positive but I'll give it a week or so to be sure. The sunroof could do with some tlc too.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11323 on: 11 May 2021, 17:56 »
Cleaned and treated the door seals to some Krytox, hopefully it'll help with some b-pillar area rattles. A quick test drive afterwards was positive but I'll give it a week or so to be sure. The sunroof could do with some tlc too.

I hear removing the resonator is good for drowning out rattles  :wink:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11324 on: 11 May 2021, 18:22 »

I hear removing the resonator is good for drowning out rattles  :wink:

Sunroof and windows open works a treat too! Not so good on wet days mind....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11325 on: 11 May 2021, 21:23 »
Oil change! It was a bit of a faff using the extractor but changing the filter was just SO simple; such a great design :cool:

2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11326 on: 11 May 2021, 21:25 »
Those wheels look fantastic. Love the red trim to the centre caps; I'm very tempted myself...
2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11327 on: 11 May 2021, 21:27 »

Watts; is the Krytox something you've bought recently? I did look online a couple of weeks ago for some but it was eye wateringly expensive!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11328 on: 12 May 2021, 06:40 »

Watts; is the Krytox something you've bought recently? I did look online a couple of weeks ago for some but it was eye wateringly expensive!

No, I've had it a long time but it wasn't cheap even then. It's supplied by car manufacturers other than VW and can also be bought from the original manufacturer but with a different name. I can't remember what that was though but if it comes to me I'll post it. It was discussed on here a few years ago.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.