Author Topic: DODGY SALESMAN! BE AWARE!!!  (Read 2166 times)

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
Re: DODGY SALESMAN! BE AWARE!!!
« Reply #10 on: 19 November 2012, 15:05 »
just checked piston heads and the adverts been taken down with a fraud warning  :lipsrsealed:  :whistle:

Nice one!  :grin:

Mk4 Golf 1.8t AUM, Wintersports Addition. PiperX panel filter, 008p Forge DV, Toyosports DP 3", Miltek Anni Style CatBack non resonated, APR Sport CAT 200Cell, Catch Can RS4 Reps 18s, OEM R32 front and OEM

Offline JimBR

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 19 November 2012, 16:32 »
From experience if it sounds too good to be true it normally is. A stage 2 car with low mileage for £1700 or whatever it was screams alarm bells to me.

Im glad pistonheads got onto it so quickly.

Offline xxChrisxx

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 19 November 2012, 17:10 »
To be fair, even a man with a white stick can tell the difference between a car thats done 80k and one that's done over double that.

Offline bobbieboy69er

• Here all the time
  • MK4 1.8T AUM
« Reply #13 on: 19 November 2012, 18:52 »
Whats the name of the buyers ebay account?

MK4 1.8T AUM|30mm Eibach Springs|Milltek cat back|4mo rear valance|pipercross filter|R-tech Stage 1 Remap|Baileys DV|Powerflex Front and Rear Bushes|312mm Front Brakes|Creation Motorsport TIP and hoses|17" TT Ronals|  220BHP

Offline Granta Gti

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 19 November 2012, 19:11 »
Good stuff but its sad to think someone will be stun with this!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #15 on: 19 November 2012, 21:28 »
Good result with getting the ad removed :afro:

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 19 November 2012, 21:33 »
Name and shame
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline dan2252

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 20 November 2012, 00:23 »
To be fair, even a man with a white stick can tell the difference between a car thats done 80k and one that's done over double that.

i dissagree i work at vw and we get alot of fleet cars and i bet if i took a well looked after mk6 golf with 150k on the clock and wound it down to 40k you wouldnt be able to tell.

we do all those mobility cars too which litterally have 4k on them after 3 years and they look in worst shape than a average company car. they are covered in dents, clutches juddering and smell of smoke and pi#s
MK4 golf 1.8 turbo agu :)

Offline xxChrisxx

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 22 November 2012, 15:51 »

i dissagree i work at vw and we get alot of fleet cars and i bet if i took a well looked after mk6 golf with 150k on the clock and wound it down to 40k you wouldnt be able to tell.

Ignoring the extremely obvious hyperbole.

No matter how well looked after (reasonable maintinence for a normal everyday road car) it is, you get wear and tear signs, that only get worse with age/milage. Just some level of dilligence and cross referencing when buying a car will show up the majority of abused/clocked motors.

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #19 on: 22 November 2012, 20:29 »

Ignoring the extremely obvious hyperbole.

No matter how well looked after (reasonable maintinence for a normal everyday road car) it is, you get wear and tear signs, that only get worse with age/milage. Just some level of dilligence and cross referencing when buying a car will show up the majority of abused/clocked motors.

My Passat has over 170'000 on and is far better all round than many with half the mileage, even the seats and steering wheel don't show the mileage!
Most Passats on ebay etc show much lower miles but the large majority looked more aged/miled!
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk