Author Topic: Exhaust for 1.8 20v non turbo??  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Dommy GTi

• Not said much yet
  • Dub fiend
Exhaust for 1.8 20v non turbo??
« on: 06 October 2012, 10:36 »
Hi, located in bedfordshire, anywhere where i can pick up a nice decent priced exhaust? possibly just a backbox? manifold? and centre pipe seperate? just been having a hard time searching for them as they come up as 1.8t exhausts? unless they fit em aswell, sorry im a newbie here so if i sound dumb then apologies.

appreciation for any replies

thanks
dom

Offline J_V_Dub

• Not said much yet
Re: Exhaust for 1.8 20v non turbo??
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2012, 22:19 »
Don't bother :lipsrsealed: :whistle:

Offline Dommy GTi

• Not said much yet
  • Dub fiend
« Reply #2 on: 19 November 2012, 15:56 »
My plan is to drop the 1.8t lump in 2013, But if i can find an exhaust just for the noise, no performance, then ill be satisfied as my car now with just the cat knocked out gives standard turbos a run for their money haha

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2012, 17:32 »
as my car now with just the cat knocked out gives standard turbos a run for their money haha

thats the most stupid thing iv read on here in a month

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline willsgolf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 19 November 2012, 18:14 »
Hi, located in bedfordshire, anywhere where i can pick up a nice decent priced exhaust? possibly just a backbox? manifold? and centre pipe seperate? just been having a hard time searching for them as they come up as 1.8t exhausts? unless they fit em aswell, sorry im a newbie here so if i sound dumb then apologies.

appreciation for any replies

thanks
dom

that explains the previous statement how can a standard non turbo car give a car with the same engine and a turbo a run for the money lol i would put the money towards the 1.8t lump or even buying a 1.8t :D

Offline Dommy GTi

• Not said much yet
  • Dub fiend
« Reply #5 on: 23 November 2012, 10:46 »
Obviously you guys have over exaggerated, I meant run for their money like a st vs an rs sort of, my mate has one and there's only a car lengths difference. But your going off topic now, unless your gonna post something about a decent back box or wat not leave the idiotic comments on someone else's thread.

Offline Dommy GTi

• Not said much yet
  • Dub fiend
« Reply #6 on: 23 November 2012, 10:50 »

[/quote]

that explains the previous statement how can a standard non turbo car give a car with the same engine and a turbo a run for the money lol i would put the money towards the 1.8t lump or even buying a 1.8t :D
[/quote]

So you have to be a member of this for years to race and see results? Give it a rest lol, there's 25 bhp difference so it's not like its gonna fly and be out of sight. As I said, exhaust for the meantime? If not, comments are not needed.

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #7 on: 23 November 2012, 17:25 »

So you have to be a member of this for years to race and see results? Give it a rest lol, there's 25 bhp difference so it's not like its gonna fly and be out of sight. As I said, exhaust for the meantime? If not, comments are not needed.

Firstly I wouldn't brag about racing on public roads, it's not something to be proud of.

Secondly 25bhp might not sound much but it's a 20% power increase, combine that with an extra 30lb/ft the 1.8t will p!ss all over a 1.8 n/a.

As willsgolf suggested, I would wait until you've done the conversion before sorting the exhaust. Personally I'd be looking at getting one of the eBay 3" turbo back exhausts that many members on here use (including myself). In terms of value & performance for money they are unbeatable.

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 24 November 2012, 23:21 »
the 1.8 20v  is the most souless boreing underwhelming hatefull unrewarding engine ever fitted to a golf. most boreingly flat engine i've ever had the displeasure of driveing

possobly to the point that if i had to have ether the 2.0 8 valve or the 1.8 20v    good chance it'd be the 8 valve as there is some form of powerband there to play with.

as for makeing noise drill a hole in the downpipe or a crappy universal back box ?   unfortunatly its one of those engines that responds in a negative way to most things.  had one briefly  was convinced the backbox was clogged up  an makeing it gutless / flat up top so took it off and it went slower  :sad:  put box back on and sold it a week later. drove meany of them since  all the same  :sad:
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline Dommy GTi

• Not said much yet
  • Dub fiend
« Reply #9 on: 25 November 2012, 11:42 »

Firstly I wouldn't brag about racing on public roads, it's not something to be proud of.

Secondly 25bhp might not sound much but it's a 20% power increase, combine that with an extra 30lb/ft the 1.8t will p!ss all over a 1.8 n/a.

As willsgolf suggested, I would wait until you've done the conversion before sorting the exhaust. Personally I'd be looking at getting one of the eBay 3" turbo back exhausts that many members on here use (including myself). In terms of value & performance for money they are unbeatable.
[/quote]

So a motorway little 30-80/90 rolling start is public roads? I forgot you was there..there is honestly not much difference unless its a launched start, but if figures is all the members here care about then boy.