Author Topic: jettaTx - mk2 g60 conversion  (Read 23014 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
jettaTx - mk2 g60 conversion
« on: 25 October 2004, 13:33 »
background:
« Last Edit: 20 December 2007, 16:13 by jv »
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline jettaTx

• I live here
  • Mk1 16v + Mk2 G60 + 309 Goodwood Mi16 + Jetta 16v!
Jetta 16v + Golf G60 + Mk1 Golf 16v
« Reply #1 on: 25 October 2004, 21:33 »
Well i first got with VW when a jetta tx arrived in @ work F reg in mint nick costing ?250.00.
This sadly burnt out on New Years Day!! I was well gutted but as i'd just bought some BBS RM alloys over christmas and the car was looking nice so i had to get a VW for my next car!
Luck had it that the following Monday a MK2 16v was traded in @ work, My luck was in!! Completely standard 5 door K reg in Alpine white. All for ?1000 of my money!! With about 100,000 on the clock. So a good start to find an unmolested example.
« Last Edit: 01 November 2006, 21:51 by jettaTx »

Offline jettaTx

• I live here
Re: jettaTx - mk2
« Reply #2 on: 25 October 2004, 22:08 »
The car itself was in good overall condition just a couple of minus points.
The Rear boot lock was seized up and because the central locking didn't work this was my main concern. So i ordered the new parts and rebuilt the lock with new tumblers and springs. I used the car on a day to day basis on the standard wheels for a couple of weeks then i swapped the BBS RM alloys off the jetta onto the new car and it began to look loads better..
Next job was a swap of suspensin from the jetta onto the golf an awkward job as i dont have acess to ramps to work on so with the help of a good friend we began jacking both cars up swapping struts and springs over!! With this completed a drive in the car proved we had not got it quite right as it pulled to the left alot!!
So i needed the tracking and camber adjusting, done on the cheap along with a Passenger side cv boot that had given up the ghost and cracked making a mess of the inner alloy!!
That was more like it a car that went straight down the road i was happy!

Offline jettaTx

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 20 December 2004, 17:13 »
Its about time i updated this!!!
I have had a few problems with this car lately due to some vandals who decided to smash my windscreen, i decided to have some paintwork done at the same time so i booked the car in for this. I had the car undersealed the roof painted and sunroof shut area also a new driversside roof trim and I had some attention to the inner sill on the drivers door and they were supposed to be sorting the rust bubbles next to the rear light units.

Upon collection of the car it had overspray on the wheels, light units and the outer sill mouldings, The bits in the boot didn't get done (forgot) the new moulding i had fitted has been ruined and fitted wrong and they hadn't fitted the sunroof deflector when i picked the car up!! Am in the middle of taking it back but need it so its gonna b after xmas!! 

Offline jettaTx

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 01 January 2005, 18:55 »
Update Jan 2005
Well the car is due back @ the bodyshop next monday for the fixing of the work i was due to have done b4 xmas! So fingers crossed it will be right this time!!
I am going to get my BBS RM alloys redone soon so i will be putting my RA's back on..... :sad: don't get me wrong they are a good wheel but they just don't look anywhere near what the RM does
Got a few problems occured recently namely a brokn headlamp and a boot that doesn't want to unlock without turning the key. I think that its the part that slides the rod left and right thats causing the problem so i'm off to get a new one next week to see if this does the trick!!
My serch for a inner panel trim ended when i finally got a mint one from volks apart (excellent service btw) I broke this ages ago and after finding out vw don't make them any longer i had been on the hunt for a second hand one for a while.
The only other thing that occured was when the isv bush split and caused the car to over rev to around 2000rpm the cause i think was the clip[ that holds the pipe that comes from the intake pipe to the isv had broken and this i assume put extra stress on the isv rubber bush and split it. Good job i had my mk1 16v off the road so i made a tempory loan to the 16v mk2!!
Happy New Year to anyone reading!!
Andy

Offline jettaTx

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 05 January 2005, 01:31 »
Hi there i got my car going back to the bodyshop On Monday 10th Jan so ill let you know how i got on when its back!!
Will try and get some pictures onto here to show you!! :undecided:

Offline jettaTx

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 21 February 2005, 23:31 »
 :smiley: Cars been coming along well recently!!!!
I managed to get hold of rear electric windows and door mirrors which i had fitted a few weeks ago at prolek aes in lincoln and they did a good job fitting them into the car!! Am quite pleased as its not often you see this in a 5 door mk2.
Then after having a think i have purchased a Rally front end which got fitted two weeks ago and im pleased as its had a good response so far from most ppl ive spoken to!! Jus got to sort some of the wiring out on the loom as its not got the correct connectors from the back of the headlamp... just a minor problem.

Got a rivit fallen out of the passenger wheel arch trim and its catching on lock right as the car leans so im gonna need a new rivit in there when i get the chance!

Offline jettaTx

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 24 February 2005, 23:14 »
I think ive spoken too soon!

Ive had fun and games for the past two days!!
My alternator belt decided to do a burnout on me and nearly f='#d my alternator! The alternator began to spark so i rapidly switched the car off!! Once it had cooled down it started like new??? Then this morning the same thing but i turned it of straight away so i thought best to invest in a pair of belts both PAS and the alternator one!! A lad i work with stayed after work to do the job!"! Cuts the PAS belt as it was tight fits the alternator belt hen goes to fit the new PAS belt to find it was too big!! So @ 5.30 im on the way to Heron @ Newark to fetch the correct belt!! Job sorted along with finding my elusive water leak ive had for a few weeks! The top rad hose has a slight leak which is temp repired untill tomorow!! Also noticed i need to get the rear wheel bearings adjusted as there is some play in them!! Also front wishbone bushes need replacing so ive got some work to do in the near future!!
N e way its all good fun"!"1
Hope its not to hard to get sorted!!
 :cool:

Offline jettaTx

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 05 March 2005, 12:43 »
 :sad: What fun this car can be!!
Got a clutch thats all but had it this week its been getting worse as the week goes on. Am having a new one fitted on monday so touch wood it will hold off and stay working till then!
 :smiley:

Offline jettaTx

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2005, 22:24 »
 :undecided: Well its not bin a great time as im gonna take my car off the road soon as the suspension has began to knock! And after having the clutch fitted the car pulls left and the steering wheel is on the piss..... so untill i get it all spot on its gonna sit @ work till one of the lazy assed technitions fixes it before any damage gets done. I just bought a run around as a tempory mesure till it all gets fixed, Oh and i also thought it would be a good time to put a leather steering wheel on Genuine vw of course and fit new lowered suspension... ps for any of you there with any reccomondations on what kit to fit or what not to fit a PM would be appreciated ( the car will be on BBS RM Alloys and i want a 35-35 poss 40 mm drop) Thanks in advance!!