Author Topic: Selling my GTI -  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Refurbished.

• Not said much yet
Selling my GTI -
« on: 24 April 2022, 11:48 »
I’ve had my 2017 GTI for 18 months and it’s time for a change. I’m the second owner and it’s a nice spec-
Atlantic blue, 5 door, DSG. 230PS
Art Velour trim
Park Assist with rear camera
Dynaudio
Winter pack
I bought it at 6k miles. It’s on 12k miles now.
Full VWSH. Last serviced in March.
I think the rest of the spec is standard- virtual cockpit, nav, Car play etc.

I was going to try PistonHeads for an advert. I’ve seen something I fancy. Whats the price point?

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Selling my GTI -
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2022, 12:01 »
Check similar age / spec cars on sites such as Auto Trader, and get prices from some of the car buying websites such as WBAC, Motorway, Wizzle. Once you’ve done that, it might also be worth checking out what your local VW dealer would give you for it. Most dealers are short of good quality used stock due to new car supply issues, low supply and high demand for new-ish used cars, so you might be pleasantly surprised.

What are you looking to replace your GTI with?
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Refurbished.

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2022, 12:36 »
Think I might try an S3. I’d also like a Countryman JCW but the later high power (306hp) are all priced too close to £30k.

Offline Refurbished.

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2022, 18:00 »
I’ve put an advert on PH. Had an offer of £21 but on current prices I think it’s worth a little more. Cheers.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 29 April 2022, 22:33 »
Think I might try an S3. I’d also like a Countryman JCW but the later high power (306hp) are all priced too close to £30k.

Took delivery of a new countryman jcw today.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Refurbished.

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 30 April 2022, 14:53 »
I’d be interested in your thoughts.
I almost bought an S3 last week. Lovely condition and spec and only 14k. But a year older than my car and 1k miles more. Plus, I think I’d prefer to re home the golf first.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 30 April 2022, 20:49 »
I almost bought an S3 last week. Lovely condition and spec and only 14k. But a year older than my car and 1k miles more. Plus, I think I’d prefer to re home the golf first.

It’s the wife’s car which to be honest we use as the family car. She had the previous one with the 230? or so Bhp. It was fine but never really had the legs or felt sporty. That being said it was a fantastic car. Huge amount of space, comfy and nice tech like wireless car play which is fantastic for short journeys etc.

They’re not everyone’s cup of tea but we liked enough to get the new version. With the same engine as the m135i is addressed the main shortcoming of the old model plus a few nice tweaks to go along. We managed to order with a significant discount before the shortages but have had to wait some time for it. This was a pain we also lucky as inadvertently we sold at height of second hand prices.

The 306 model really is nice if you look past the gate and take it for what it is. It’s never going to be a golf r/gti and never a Porsche macan. But it ticks lots of boxes and fills a gap that not many cars do.

The new one as said only arrived yesterday so can’t speak to much on it so far, but if you do have any questions just ask.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 30 April 2022, 21:50 »

That seems like a steal for an S3 in this market?
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline Refurbished.

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 02 May 2022, 09:39 »
Sorry, that wasn’t clear- 14k miles on the S3. 66 plate. One owner but £23k

Offline Refurbished.

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 09 May 2022, 09:00 »
Car sold at £23k to the first viewing. Prices for these cars are still insanely strong. It’s bonkers really.