Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 787499 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #640 on: 12 January 2015, 22:01 »
I assume that using VCDS on your mk7 doesn't set the TD1 ECU flash counter? I wouldn't think so but you never know?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline valvebounce

• Not said much yet
« Reply #641 on: 13 January 2015, 05:34 »
You're adjusting individual settings in the controllers and the changes can be made via the car's touchscreen,vcds or a dealer, so I don't see how there could be a problem as there is no way to prove who did what, plausible deniability and all that. The td1 flag refers to sending a whole new main engine map (fuel, ign, boost settings) which vcds cannot do. So I don't think there is anything to worry about.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #642 on: 13 January 2015, 06:50 »
Sounds good.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline series1glenn

• Just got here
« Reply #643 on: 13 January 2015, 12:05 »
Hi guys, after a bit of help/info if possible please !!!
just purchased a 2014 MK7 golf GTi Dsg that is a Japanese import ! seen as i live in the UK i have a couple of issues that i dont know whether can be sorted with vag-com ??
the car has good spec with lane assist, Discover pro nav etc
first issue is my FM frequncy is wrong, cant get all FM channels ??
Second issue is cant get the nav working at all ?? not sure whether this is because its japanese or if there are no maps loaded on there ??
and last one is i have no daytime running lights on ? the car does have xenons fitted so presume it would have them as standard ??

I have been told i might need a new european infotainment unit (which are fortunes!) but even then i might not be able to get the nav loaded onto the unit ??

last thing i will add is reading this thread from start to finsh, some people are asking about the mirrors, mine is keyless and when i lock the car by pressing the door handle my mirrors fold up, when i unlock it by grabbing the handle my mirrors fold down so this must be a coding setting ??

any help/info much appreciated please, car is great but the radio/nav issue is really bugging me !!

thank you

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #644 on: 13 January 2015, 12:32 »
A Japanese import? I'm assuming you got it for a very good price (what other reason would there be?).

Does the Japanese head unit seek through a different set of frequencies to what ours in the UK do (UK is 88-108 can't remember the units - MHz?), if so that could be quite tricky to rectify without a new head unit. Perhaps only a dealer will be able to tell you for sure (but it won't be cheap - this probably isn't warranty work unless the unit is actually faulty). An aftermarket nav unit might be a cheaper solution if replacement is needed.

Careful with the warranty - i'm sure you'll only have 2 years warranty with your car as the 3rd year is through the retailer network. My dad had same thing with a MK4 GT 130TDI DSG he bought many moons ago from Carshock - Maltese import (couldn't get a UK spec 130TDI with DSG in hatchback form), only 2 years manufacturers warranty, luckily nowt went wrong at all with that car in the 7 years it was in the family.
« Last Edit: 13 January 2015, 12:45 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline series1glenn

• Just got here
« Reply #645 on: 13 January 2015, 12:46 »
A Japanese import? I'm assuming you got it for a very good price (what other reason would there be?).

Does the Japanese head unit seek through a different set of frequencies to what ours in the UK do (UK is 88-108 can't remember the units - MHz?), if so that could be quite tricky to rectify without a new head unit. Perhaps only a dealer will be able to tell you for sure (but it won't be cheap - this probably isn't warranty work unless the unit is actually faulty). An aftermarket nav unit might be a cheaper solution if replacement is needed.

hi, yes i got it for a good price, i didn't import it, i purchased from a private seller over here, yes the FM goes from 77 to around 89mhz ! everything works through my screen (adaptive suspension/heater setting/lights etc) so not sure they would still work with aftermarket headunit ??

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #646 on: 13 January 2015, 13:14 »
series1glenn: Well I think we've sorted why you can't get FM - almost all of their bandwidth is under ours. Whether that can be resolved via software rather than a hardware swap out is probably something for the dealers or possibly a VCDS expert.

You could look to buy an aftermarket unit (fitted) on the provision that all of your non-audio functions that are controlled via the head unit would still work in the same way - not sure if they would. It would be a real Achilles heel to sales of these aftermarket units if they didn't.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #647 on: 13 January 2015, 14:11 »
Try using vcds to change the language on the media system - if you can that is.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline series1glenn

• Just got here
« Reply #648 on: 13 January 2015, 17:15 »
Try using vcds to change the language on the media system - if you can that is.

what does the media come under in vag-com please ???

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #649 on: 13 January 2015, 17:24 »
I would imagine navigation
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.