Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 787528 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #60 on: 16 October 2013, 13:09 »
MK7 XDS Adaptation channel in the ABS Module. Mine is set to Standard and I just left it at this.

Options, Standard, Not Activated, Weak, Medium and Strong.

XED by Sootchucker, on Flickr
« Last Edit: 16 October 2013, 13:11 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #61 on: 16 October 2013, 14:30 »
is it wrong to be strong  :smiley:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #62 on: 16 October 2013, 15:07 »
Not tired this one myself (yet  :grin:), but got this from over on the German Forums. As you know when the mirrors are folded in, the puddle lights are switched off until they are fully retracted.

Using this option apparently enables then to illuminate even when closed and through the whole of the folding / un-folding process.

Might be useful for some.

Can be found in the Door control module [42], Byte 1, Bit 5 (untick).

Door control module2 by Sootchucker, on Flickr
« Last Edit: 16 October 2013, 15:16 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline VW_rabbiter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #63 on: 16 October 2013, 16:11 »
 :grin: :grin: .... More tweaks to update the list..... Nice!

Btw, any ideas for the comfort turn signal?

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #64 on: 16 October 2013, 16:15 »
I'll have a quick look later.

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #65 on: 16 October 2013, 16:29 »
Not tired this one myself (yet  :grin:), but got this from over on the German Forums. As you know when the mirrors are folded in, the puddle lights are switched off until they are fully retracted.

Using this option apparently enables then to illuminate even when closed and through the whole of the folding / un-folding process.

Might be useful for some.

Can be found in the Door control module [42], Byte 1, Bit 5 (untick).

Door control module2 by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Does this mean that the puddle lights are useless at the moment unless you have folding mirrors switched off?
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #66 on: 16 October 2013, 16:40 »
Basically yes. Irrespective on which method you have chosen for them folding i.e. either via the action of locking the car via the key fob / KESSY, or manually via the folding mirror position on the mirror adjusting switch, when in the folded position, the puddles lights in the mirrors are disabled. As soon as they unfold, they illuminate (again either via the ignition on or via the door switch). 

This "tweak" apparently allows them to illuminate at all stages of the folding process (i.e. mirror position independent). However, as the lights are actually in the base of the mirror housing (rather than the mirror base), when folded the lights don't shine downwards but rather along the car's length. It remains your decision as to whether this is how you want them. Me personally, I'll think I'll enable it, as any light is better than none, and it can also act as a marker light for the side of the car and should look quite cool having them on whilst the mirror unfolds (like they did on my Scirocco).

Andy_cs

« Reply #67 on: 16 October 2013, 17:02 »
This is all great info and I'm almost persuaded to buy a Micro-CAN interface and license for myself.

Anyway, have you noticed if there are any options to turn off the Start/Stop as default, this function is a really irritating me at the moment

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #68 on: 16 October 2013, 17:32 »
Are the puddle lights led's or bulbs?
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 16 October 2013, 17:51 »
Basically yes. Irrespective on which method you have chosen for them folding i.e. either via the action of locking the car via the key fob / KESSY, or manually via the folding mirror position on the mirror adjusting switch, when in the folded position, the puddles lights in the mirrors are disabled. As soon as they unfold, they illuminate (again either via the ignition on or via the door switch). 

This "tweak" apparently allows them to illuminate at all stages of the folding process (i.e. mirror position independent). However, as the lights are actually in the base of the mirror housing (rather than the mirror base), when folded the lights don't shine downwards but rather along the car's length. It remains your decision as to whether this is how you want them. Me personally, I'll think I'll enable it, as any light is better than none, and it can also act as a marker light for the side of the car and should look quite cool having them on whilst the mirror unfolds (like they did on my Scirocco).

Thanks for the info.  Kind of makes sense why they are changing the mirrors to unfold in unlock now.  If the dealer can't make the firmware upgrade/change for me before pickup I might just ask them to make the VCDS adjustment.
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13