Author Topic: DSG Service  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Nilz

• Not said much yet
DSG Service
« on: 08 November 2023, 00:13 »
Hi Guys

Hope everyone here is good?

I have a 7.5 PP DSG and wanted to know if it needs a gearbox service.  I just had the brake pads done on the car and an oil and filter service as it hit 35k, so wanted to know if this is required on it and what actually needs doing.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Nilz

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: DSG Service
« Reply #1 on: 08 November 2023, 08:41 »
According to the maintainence schedule the DSG requires an oil/filter change either -

DSG 0D9 gearbox code - replace oil and filter every 40,000 miles or

DSG 0CG gearbox code - replace oil every 80,000 miles

Relatively straightforward to do, need some kind of diagnostics to monitor gearbox temp whilst refilling though.

2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 08 November 2023, 09:51 »
I had mine serviced at 3 years with only 13k on the clock and will have it done next year (when 6 years old) with about 27k on the clock, ISTR it cost £160 at local Independent.
Probably a bit OTT, but I plan to keep the car for a long time, service is relatively cheap, new DSG boxes not so cheap.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 08 November 2023, 10:49 »
I had mine serviced at 3 years with only 13k on the clock and will have it done next year (when 6 years old) with about 27k on the clock, ISTR it cost £160 at local Independent.
Probably a bit OTT, but I plan to keep the car for a long time, service is relatively cheap, new DSG boxes not so cheap.

A friends DSG mechatronics went on his 7.5 GTD and cost £4k, luckily he had the extended warranty and was fully covered But it would equal 25 services of your DSG box.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Nilz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 12 December 2023, 15:10 »
Thanks for the responses guys, I forgot I put the question up actually!!

Is there an easy way to identify which gearbox I have?

Offline jh_97

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 09 January 2024, 08:50 »

Bumping this up as I have the same question... Service due probably in the next month for me, will be on ~34.5k miles at that point. I've owned since 24.5k miles last July.
2018 GTI PP DSG, Pure White, graphite Sevilles, Art Velours

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 09 January 2024, 09:09 »

Bumping this up as I have the same question... Service due probably in the next month for me, will be on ~34.5k miles at that point. I've owned since 24.5k miles last July.

VW’s recommended service intervals for the seven speed DSG (DQ381) service interval is 80k miles and the six speed DQ250 is 40k miles - see link below. I think the service intervals are solely mileage based rather than the sooner of x miles or y months, although I seem to remember that the DQ250 used to be the sooner of 40k miles or 48 months(?). However, some owners on various VAG forums still tend to get their DSG serviced at 48 months, whether it’s the DQ381 or DQ250.

My car (Polo GTI+ with 6 speed DQ250 DSG) will be 4 years old in September and will have only covered around 17k - 18k miles by that time, but I’ll probably still get the DSG service done; I’m an advocate of proactive rather than reactive maintenance, and prevention is better (and less expensive) than cure.

https://tps.trade/insider/dsg-servicing
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Nilz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 09 January 2024, 11:37 »
Thanks for all of the responses guys, looks like I have the DQ381 - 0GC gearbox and its saying 80k fluid only.  As the car is almost 6 years old and on about 40k, I will get the oil changed at the next service to be on the safe side.

As mentioned above, being proactive in this scenario will be a lot more beneficial than being reactive!!

I have already experienced a mechatronic going on a previous car, luckily within warranty so they covered it, but costs were still high.