Author Topic: how to remove golf mk4 3door interior trim  (Read 3596 times)

Offline navmk4gti

• Forum addict
how to remove golf mk4 3door interior trim
« on: 09 March 2013, 16:49 »
First off pull tab under rear seat and flip it forward

Now pull from the bottom of the trim. Note there is two pieces trim on the rear the lower one you do not need to touch. The one you are trying to remove overlaps this. Pull it towards u slightly from the bottom amd you will hear clip out. Do not yank it. Should only move out about 2cm.

Now pull down the top of the rear seat

You will find a black grommet here which is screwed in. I found you can pull this off or screw it off made no difference either way

Now start to pull the trim from the top left behind the seat. Pull up and then towards you. Pulling this plastic handle helps. Do not yank this plastic handle off.

Now pull up and unclip the trim from the top along the rear window. They are held by small metal clips.

Now open front door and pop out the trim from the rubber strip

Now just pull trim towards you slightly and dont forget to unplug your tweeter if you have one.

Now shimmy the trim off. Again do not use force it will easily come out without any clips broken or lost. Here is the clips used on the trim

When putting it back on start from the top and makesure to take seatbelt out the trimm when fitting the trim back in. Give it a few thumps around it till you hear it all click back in.

i do not take responsability in any damage you do while using this guide.

Any questions drop me a PM :smiley:
theonestopLEDshop - upgrade LED lighting, car badges, wheel caps etc

Facebook/Instagram: @theonestopledshop

Drop me a message for more info and discounts!