Author Topic: Iron X  (Read 3695 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Iron X
« Reply #10 on: 12 July 2011, 22:50 »
Peoples views seen a few people use it ??

very good! stinks to high heaven though!  :laugh:

used it on the van and it turned streaky purple.. but got rid of loads of embedded bits!

excellent on wheels too!  :wink:

Cheers Guy can you dilute as i could see myself getting through a litre pretty quick if not

no.. don't think you can dilute it... you'll only need to do it once though if you protect it afterwards

True true well i bought 5litres of billberry 2 weeks ago.. i mgiht buy this as a back up incase billberry not up to the  job

you'll be surprised when you use it on clayed paintwork how much it embedded filings it gets out... especially if the car has lived near a railway line

So what use it as a pre-wash ??

no.. its a one of treatment (i'd say yearly)... just like you would use clay really... but use it before you protect it obviously...

tfr, wash, clay, rinse, iron-x, rinse, wash, dry, polish, seal, wax etc

its a piece of piss to use... stinks worse than piss though.. the smell of iron-x is horrendous (but I kinda quite like it)  :laugh:

Offline butler2.8i

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 12 July 2011, 23:19 »
I would use it before the clay as it helps remove anything embedded in the paint before you hit it with the clay, this will help reduce the risk of marring the paint work.

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #12 on: 14 July 2011, 07:23 »
Wolf's WF-1P Deironiser AKA Brake Duster is a very similar product guy's at a cheaper price. The beauty of Wolf's is that you can literally leave it to dry on your paintwork or alloys, come back whenever you want and pressure wash it off.

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #13 on: 14 July 2011, 08:48 »
Wolf's WF-1P Deironiser AKA Brake Duster is a very similar product guy's at a cheaper price. The beauty of Wolf's is that you can literally leave it to dry on your paintwork or alloys, come back whenever you want and pressure wash it off.

Price Chris ? Can it be diluted ?
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #14 on: 14 July 2011, 16:59 »

Price Chris ? Can it be diluted ?

£8.95 for 1 litre - http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=WF-1P1

£39.95 for 5 litres - http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=WF-1P5

I'm afraid it cannot be diluted, but at that price who cares  :grin:

Then, once clean, use this each time you wash - http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/index.php?app=ecom&ns=prodshow&ref=WF-1NT1

A wheel cleaner that adds protection why you clean  :smiley: