Author Topic: Iron X  (Read 3723 times)

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
Iron X
« on: 12 July 2011, 21:18 »
Peoples views seen a few people use it ??
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline butler2.8i

• GTI forum regular
Re: Iron X
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2011, 21:21 »
I was really impressed on alloys as even though i had cleaned them with bilberry the Iron X seemed to get a much better finish. Am waiting to order some Wolfs deironiser to try that out as well maybe do a side by side write up on them

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2011, 21:23 »

very good! stinks to high heaven though!  :laugh:

used it on the van and it turned streaky purple.. but got rid of loads of embedded bits!

excellent on wheels too!  :wink:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2011, 21:23 »
heres a link for people interested

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/CarPro_Iron_Cut_1.html

Cheers mate its you that gave me the interest as you can see it working.. have you tried removing wheels and really giving it a go on some baked on stuff ??

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #4 on: 12 July 2011, 21:24 »

used it on the van and it turned streaky purple.. but got rid of loads of embedded bits!

Cheers Guy can you dilute as i could see myself getting through a litre pretty quick if not

Offline butler2.8i

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 12 July 2011, 21:31 »
heres a link for people interested

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/CarPro_Iron_Cut_1.html

Cheers mate its you that gave me the interest as you can see it working.. have you tried removing wheels and really giving it a go on some baked on stuff ??

Thats the plan for the side by side testing a friend has got some proper minging alloys on his car that i`m busting to clean, sad but true  :grin:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 12 July 2011, 21:53 »

Cheers Guy can you dilute as i could see myself getting through a litre pretty quick if not

no.. don't think you can dilute it... you'll only need to do it once though if you protect it afterwards

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #7 on: 12 July 2011, 22:31 »

no.. don't think you can dilute it... you'll only need to do it once though if you protect it afterwards

True true well i bought 5litres of billberry 2 weeks ago.. i mgiht buy this as a back up incase billberry not up to the  job

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 12 July 2011, 22:40 »

True true well i bought 5litres of billberry 2 weeks ago.. i mgiht buy this as a back up incase billberry not up to the  job

you'll be surprised when you use it on clayed paintwork how much it embedded filings it gets out... especially if the car has lived near a railway line

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #9 on: 12 July 2011, 22:43 »

you'll be surprised when you use it on clayed paintwork how much it embedded filings it gets out... especially if the car has lived near a railway line

So what use it as a pre-wash ??