Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 436663 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's MK3 20VT
« Reply #1680 on: 14 November 2010, 19:16 »
Well I guess it would let less light through. Its black vinyl with loads of little holes (well one-way vision printed black). Not sure how much it would effect the light output in terms of brightness...

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #1681 on: 14 November 2010, 19:22 »
Hmmm, i'm after quite a dark tint so would this be better than the other film? i'm not overly fussed about brightness but i'd imagine the flyeye film will allow more light through  :undecided:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1682 on: 14 November 2010, 19:39 »
Hmmm, i'm after quite a dark tint so would this be better than the other film? i'm not overly fussed about brightness but i'd imagine the flyeye film will allow more light through  :undecided:

Difficult to say, the flyeye is a different effect. If you want a darker film I can make it darker, its not a problem :)

I use 40% for the average tint, any darker and it seems to really affect light output with standard bulbs any lighter and you don't get a tinted look.

If you want it darker, it can be done :)

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #1683 on: 14 November 2010, 23:08 »

Difficult to say, the flyeye is a different effect. If you want a darker film I can make it darker, its not a problem :)

I use 40% for the average tint, any darker and it seems to really affect light output with standard bulbs any lighter and you don't get a tinted look.

If you want it darker, it can be done :)

Hmmm, just had another look at the pic in the classifieds section, don't spose you've got any pics of it on normal gti lights have you?? Sorry to be a pain  :embarassed:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1684 on: 14 November 2010, 23:21 »

The ARB is fitted with the droplinks above the subframe. I'm sure the drop links are meant to sit below the subframe? Hint is in the name I guess :D

Either way, I have to get the ARB and droplinks sat below the subframe so I get it aligned. Should feel like a different car!

Wrong droplinks go above the wishbone

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1685 on: 15 November 2010, 08:12 »
Ahh, I see Wayne, nice one. Well I'm going to try and fit it below and see how I get on. Its the only way it can be done.

Dom - no pics on normal lights bud :(

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1686 on: 15 November 2010, 09:19 »
Ahh, I see Wayne, nice one. Well I'm going to try and fit it below and see how I get on. Its the only way it can be done.

Cannot see it fitting or working below, if they are below you stand the chance of damage.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1687 on: 15 November 2010, 09:39 »

Cannot see it fitting or working below, if they are below you stand the chance of damage.

It looked like it would fit, so I'm going to try it. As it is now, its causing damage.

Looked at it in a pit, so the car was on the ground, not jacked up. It would work, just not sure how much it would affect the car, but we'll see. Its the only option I got, cause raising it is not an option :D

Also, just for anyone else with a low mk3, its something you can't see unless your under the car when its not jacked up. The steering arm sits on the ARB.
« Last Edit: 15 November 2010, 09:40 by LazyLunatic »

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1688 on: 15 November 2010, 09:41 »
I would check and see if you have another problem, mine was as low on the front end and I had loads of clearance.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #1689 on: 15 November 2010, 10:13 »
I would check and see if you have another problem, mine was as low on the front end and I had loads of clearance.

The GTi and non GTi models had different ARB's though didn't they?

I didn't have a problem before, but now I have gone that little bit lower the ARB and steering arm touch.