Author Topic: OBD11 - High Beam Assist  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
Re: OBD11 - High Beam Assist
« Reply #10 on: 09 December 2021, 21:48 »
Sorry to jump back but I just don't understand why there is a 31mph limit? Why? on my mk5 there wasn't one, surely it's up to me, I can understand a soft-top but mirrors?, would love to know the the technical reason why.
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 10 December 2021, 20:21 »
Can you not just over ride HBA by selecting main beam manually? I can do that on the Tig with IQ headlights. Just push the stalk forwards and the white main beam icon with the 'A' in it turns blue.

All I wanted to do was drop it by 7 miles an hour for the convenience of not having to flick the beams up and down all the time. I didn't expect the rabbit hole that came from trying to make a minor change to the function. I actually use the beam pattern of HBA more than main beam on country roads.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 10 December 2021, 20:51 »
Sorry to jump back but I just don't understand why there is a 31mph limit? Why? on my mk5 there wasn't one, surely it's up to me, I can understand a soft-top but mirrors?, would love to know the the technical reason why.

It's triggered at 37mph or 60kmh. I'd be ok with 31mph! I gather the function was removed from 2018 due to a change in the cameras - someone posted the details on the OBD11 forum but I can't seem to find it.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 10 December 2021, 21:47 »
That would be newty, I posted that info post 2 or 3 of this thread