Author Topic: Last chance for clubby  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
Last chance for clubby
« on: 14 November 2021, 15:54 »
I’ve just about had enough of my clubsport…!  To drive I absolutely love it so much better than my 7.5 p but the infotainment drives me WILD ..! I have to remember every night when I get home from work to make sure the blower is on windscreen and temp is on warm  as some mornings I get in and screen stays blank. And WONT come on .Now with winter fast approaching and cold mornings you can imagine how annoying that will be at 6AM  :sad: I was going out today to take dog for a walk along river in the town where I bought car and screen stayed blank for the entire journey of 26 miles ….!! So pulled in to dealer and got them to see it I even turned car off and on 3 times in front of him but still no picture so told them it’s the last chance I’m just @@@@@@@ annoyed best part of 40k and not fir for purpose   Rant over

I’ve already started to look at s3 and rs3 
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: Last chance for clubby
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2021, 19:07 »
If you are looking at the S3 and RS3 i would be checking forums and groups for similar issues to see if they suffer too.

Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2021, 19:34 »
Given that the hardware and the software is all from VAG... Guess what. All of the VAG brands have the same problems and are waiting for the same fix.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2021, 20:20 »
If you are looking at the S3 and RS3 i would be checking forums and groups for similar issues to see if they suffer too.
I didn’t think of that Snoopy  :embarrassed: oh well might be a total change on the cards then  :cry:
19 Polo GTI+ Black

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 14 November 2021, 20:23 »
Given that the hardware and the software is all from VAG... Guess what. All of the VAG brands have the same problems and are waiting for the same fix.

It’s such a shame as I love the car just the f@@@@@g software
19 Polo GTI+ Black

Offline Woeisme

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 14 November 2021, 20:36 »
You could maybe request they change the unit for the newer ones which seem to be a lot better?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 14 November 2021, 22:26 »
You could maybe request they change the unit for the newer ones which seem to be a lot better?

Not possible AFAIK.

The super fix is coming in December I believe now.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Woeisme

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 15 November 2021, 01:24 »

Not possible AFAIK.

If it was me I’d be looking for an explanation of why that is not possible.

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 15 November 2021, 06:18 »

Not possible AFAIK.

I’m afraid December just might not save me the way I feel about it at the moment
19 Polo GTI+ Black

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 15 November 2021, 07:27 »

Not possible AFAIK.

I’m afraid December just might not save me the way I feel about it at the moment

@Verve34; IMHO now isn’t a great time to be buying a car - whether a VAG brand or a vehicle from any other manufacturer;
  • Because of ongoing issues affecting new car production levels (e.g. semiconductor shortages, Covid), new car production is at less than normal capacity, with many manufacturers closing some production lines and / or temporarily halting production altogether. Therefore very long lead times for a factory order is to be expected.
  • There’s a fairly severe shortage of in-stock unregistered new vehicles at dealers. If you are lucky enough to find one in a colour and spec that you’d be happy with, you’ll very likely be looking at paying full list price - or even more than full list price.
  • Buying used, and you’re likely to be paying a price premium because of the market-wide shortage of vehicles, and that shortage might mean you struggle to find a car in a colour / spec / trim level you’d be happy with.
Might be better to hold fire, get the software update applied to your car once it’s been rolled out to dealerships and if that doesn’t fix all - or the majority of the software niggles - review the situation in the new year.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl