Author Topic: Price increase coming 1st of December  (Read 5382 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Price increase coming 1st of December
« Reply #30 on: 14 November 2021, 06:55 »
So are people just getting unconfirmed build dates at the moment that keep moving?

What options seem to holding up cars more?

Doesn’t seem to be option dependent anymore. Just ordering a car is the problem.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 14 November 2021, 09:33 »
JB GTI - what's a "BTB deal" and which broker did you order through?

It was Autoebid. B2B is just broker to manufacturer I.e cutting out the dealer network
Okay thanks.  I've PM'd you.
« Last Edit: 14 November 2021, 09:35 by TurboTrev »

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 14 November 2021, 12:44 »

In November all VW retailer were given zero production allocation.

“There will be no production allocation loaded for November - this is because of production constraints and the strength of order bank.”

So even if they wanted to order anything for stock they couldn’t  :laugh:

I bet that's an unprecedented situation. My local dealership has 9 used cars for sale currently, they must be on their knees, cash-flow wise.

Yes that is the concern I can see, unless they can get enough revenue from used sales, how do they pay the bills and the wages, if they have zero sales on new cars?
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 14 November 2021, 12:59 »

“There will be no production allocation loaded for November - this is because of production constraints and the strength of order bank.”

I bet that's an unprecedented situation. My local dealership has 9 used cars for sale currently, they must be on their knees, cash-flow wise.

Yes that is the concern I can see, unless they can get enough revenue from used sales, how do they pay the bills and the wages, if they have zero sales on new cars?

I regularly drive past a Vauxhall dealer and they have been filling the large gaps on their forecourt with non-Vauxhall brand vehicles - presumably so they have reasonable stock levels of used cars to sell to help maintain a revenue stream to pay the bills and employees wages.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #34 on: 14 November 2021, 15:41 »

The service departments will keep them afloat easily.

Also most dealers will have had a record HY performance so will have plenty of cash in the bank.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #35 on: 15 November 2021, 14:21 »

I regularly drive past a Vauxhall dealer and they have been filling the large gaps on their forecourt with non-Vauxhall brand vehicles - presumably so they have reasonable stock levels of used cars to sell to help maintain a revenue stream to pay the bills and employees wages.

Seen the same at the Renault dealer beside my local train station.
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline Bluto

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #36 on: 24 November 2021, 19:28 »
While I continue to drive my Mk6 GTI and procrastinate on whether to order a Mk8 Clubsport or R.  On checking the VW UK website today (a weekly ritual of feeding my procrastination  :grin:) I see the VW Configurator has the Scottsdale alloy wheels now available to select on the Clubsport.  But with the title "PJA"

Interestingly when you check the wheel and tyre details it also details the Akrapovic exhaust and a speed limit raise to 166 mph.

Prices are unavailable, so I'm guessing the website developer is in the process of updating stuff for December's price increase and may have just copy/pasted Clubsport Edition 45 website 'assets'.  Is this a new "sport" pack that's coming for the Clubsport that looks remarkably similar to what the Edition 45 has already?  Time will tell.
« Last Edit: 24 November 2021, 19:31 by Bluto »
Mk8 GTI Clubsport | Pure White | DCC | Black Estorils | HUD | a fair few options

Previous: Mk6 GTI | Candy White | Manual | DCC | Dynaudio | Cruise | Winter Pack | Lux Pack | Rear Camera & F/R Parking Sensors

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #37 on: 24 November 2021, 21:19 »
I thought someone had said there was a "race pack" coming end of the year... Could be wrong.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline DB99

• Not said much yet
« Reply #38 on: 25 November 2021, 10:31 »

Current pricing in Ireland for the CS Race Package, which is to be released shortly. Given that the Akra is nearly €5k here on its own as an option this represents good value as you are getting the forged Scottsdale wheels and top speed delimiter as well for effectively the same price.
« Last Edit: 25 November 2021, 10:41 by DB99 »

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #39 on: 25 November 2021, 10:45 »
So you basically spec your clubsport to be a clubsport 45(6) now?
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order