Author Topic: Price increase coming 1st of December  (Read 5477 times)

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
Re: Price increase coming 1st of December
« Reply #10 on: 12 November 2021, 16:22 »
Biggest price increase I have seen across the whole range basically.

Over 2% on everything pretty much apart from EV cars to keep them eligible for GOV grant.
Thanks for the heads up.  Do you know whether the Golf R is subject to the increase?  Also, do you know whether the PCP deposit contribution is likely to go anytime soon?  Thanks.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #11 on: 12 November 2021, 19:32 »

Over 2% on everything pretty much apart from EV cars to keep them eligible for GOV grant.
Thanks for the heads up.  Do you know whether the Golf R is subject to the increase?  Also, do you know whether the PCP deposit contribution is likely to go anytime soon?  Thanks.

Yes Golf is subject to 2.2%

Not sure on deposit contributions but to be fair they don’t exactly need them to sell new cars anymore

:shocked:
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 12 November 2021, 19:40 »
If you have a car already on order, but haven’t had the build date confirmed by the factory yet (most probably some months away)  does the price go up even though the price was already negotiated with the dealer before placing a deposit ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #13 on: 12 November 2021, 19:43 »
If you have a car already on order, but haven’t had the build date confirmed by the factory yet (most probably some months away)  does the price go up even though the price was already negotiated with the dealer before placing a deposit ?

You and the retailer are price protected from this.

Only things you aren’t protected from are Road tax increases or VAT.
Sales Manager

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 12 November 2021, 20:11 »

Not sure on deposit contributions but to be fair they don’t exactly need them to sell new cars anymore

Thanks.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #15 on: 12 November 2021, 20:21 »

You and the retailer are price protected from this.

Only things you aren’t protected from are Road tax increases or VAT.

Or if on the date of registration the rep has gone up, taking you over the 40k threshold...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 12 November 2021, 20:31 »

VW already got rid of the significant £1750.deposit contribution on ID3 a few days ago. Presumably to offset the fact they're not putting the ID3 prices up to keep under the BEV grant threshold for certain models.

Used prices are still mad - my 6 month old Family Pro Performance is about £2700 more than the DTD price was until the deposit contribution was pulled.

Maybe that's a reason why they pulled it. A few people on the EV forums were considering hedging their bets on the used prices staying high by the time they could have another one ordered and delivered - basically swapping what will then be a year old example swapped for a new one and £2k profit on the old one sold via Motorway.co.uk.

The discounts have probably dried out and 40% of that grant exclusive discount is gone with the deposit contribution, making the situation of swap old for new with profit far less likely.

With the supply situation, it wouldn't surprise me if the dealerships are ordering a ton of stock for themselves to sell at full RRP rather than ordering them for customers who'll have the agony of an 8-10 month wait.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #17 on: 12 November 2021, 21:08 »
Golf
Tiguan
T-cross
ID3
ID4
Touareg
Passat saloon and Estate

Production currently filled so any orders for everything above will remain on a wait list until factory can figure out when they can build them  :laugh:

Sales Manager

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #18 on: 12 November 2021, 21:30 »

VW already got rid of the significant £1750.deposit contribution on ID3 a few days ago. Presumably to offset the fact they're not putting the ID3 prices up to keep under the BEV grant threshold for certain models.

Used prices are still mad - my 6 month old Family Pro Performance is about £2700 more than the DTD price was until the deposit contribution was pulled.

Maybe that's a reason why they pulled it. A few people on the EV forums were considering hedging their bets on the used prices staying high by the time they could have another one ordered and delivered - basically swapping what will then be a year old example swapped for a new one and £2k profit on the old one sold via Motorway.co.uk.

The discounts have probably dried out and 40% of that grant exclusive discount is gone with the deposit contribution, making the situation of swap old for new with profit far less likely.

With the supply situation, it wouldn't surprise me if the dealerships are ordering a ton of stock for themselves to sell at full RRP rather than ordering them for customers who'll have the agony of an 8-10 month wait.

In November all VW retailer were given zero production allocation.

“There will be no production allocation loaded for November - this is because of production constraints and the strength of order bank.”

So even if they wanted to order anything for stock they couldn’t  :laugh:
Sales Manager

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 12 November 2021, 21:43 »

In November all VW retailer were given zero production allocation.

“There will be no production allocation loaded for November - this is because of production constraints and the strength of order bank.”

So even if they wanted to order anything for stock they couldn’t  :laugh:

I bet that's an unprecedented situation. My local dealership has 9 used cars for sale currently, they must be on their knees, cash-flow wise.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.