Author Topic: Clubsport order thread  (Read 111102 times)

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport order thread
« Reply #190 on: 01 November 2021, 08:05 »
As mentioned before I ordered my car on the first week of January. I’ve only ever been given a delivery date (to dealership) and I’ve never been given a BW up until now.

So my dealer is saying that delivery (to dealership) is the first week of November and my BW is 35. Is one month between build week and delivery to Scotland realistic?

P.S. They haven’t actually confirmed if my car was built in week 35 yet 🤦‍♂️

I’ve now been told end of November / Start of December for delivery to the dealer but no update on BW. Talk about over promising and under delivering 😂. I wish they’d just tell me if it’s not going to be here till next year because I really don’t care anymore.
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #191 on: 01 November 2021, 22:58 »
I've recently placed a new order for a Mk8, moonstone grey, Adelaid 19's, winter pack and reverse camera.

maybe in reality the car won't materialise well into 2022

It almost certainly will be well into 2022.

If you have only just ordered...

An order placed last week means you won’t be seeing that car till August next year at the earliest everything performance Golf is 9-12 months delivery.

Several dealers are quoting 40+ weeks for Mk8's at the moment, highest I've seen is 54 weeks!

So I'd not bother wondering about exactly when just yet.

Anyone with a tin foil hat might start thinking VW took down the tracker so they didn't scare orders off...
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #192 on: 02 November 2021, 09:33 »
Just had another update, it's now pushed back to week 14. So build week in April, car probably turning up in May. That will be 17 months after ordering. Given up caring now.
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline Korszun

• Not said much yet
« Reply #193 on: 02 November 2021, 11:58 »
I had an update yesterday that my BW has completely disappeared from the system and was just showing a blank field according to the dealer.  I was told that this wasn't altogether unusual for a few vehicles every so often but that yesterday, this happened to about 75% of the vehicles they have on order.

I have also just about given up hope and fully expect my current BW to be pushed back again but we will see.  My order date was late February.

I have just bought a cheap runabout as a stop gap as my current lease has to go back by mid December.

Really very unhappy with VW and their apparent lack of ability to plan.  I would be fine if they could just give me a reliable date to plan against, even if it's a long time in the future but this constant moving of the goalposts is not only disappointing but has cost me real cash as a consequence of having to change plans.  First world problems I suppose...

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #194 on: 02 November 2021, 13:18 »
@Korszun; it’s not just VW - other manufacturers are similarly affected by the issues impacting vehicle production. I’ve read on some other forums of build dates being pushed back more than once.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #195 on: 02 November 2021, 13:31 »
I ordered my Clubsport last week with a few option boxes ticked.
I rang VW UK today and they told me B/W 11 but subject to change. Anyone else been quoted similar?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #196 on: 02 November 2021, 13:37 »
@Korszun; it’s not just VW - other manufacturers are similarly affected by the issues impacting vehicle production. I’ve read on some other forums of build dates being pushed back more than once.

The BMW forum I read is all over the place with the same story.... no confirmed dates, kit getting removed from spec, dealers not having any info about delivery dates, dates getting pushed back to unknown times...

Its generally chaos!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #197 on: 02 November 2021, 13:53 »
I rang VW UK today and they told me B/W 11 but subject to change. Anyone else been quoted similar?

B/W 11 2023? Gti were being quoted as Sep/Oct 2022 delivery if you ordered now
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline Korszun

• Not said much yet
« Reply #198 on: 02 November 2021, 15:43 »

The BMW forum I read is all over the place with the same story.... no confirmed dates, kit getting removed from spec, dealers not having any info about delivery dates, dates getting pushed back to unknown times...

Its generally chaos!

Yeah, I understand that it's not just VW.  I work in manufacturing and I can imagine the planners in Wolfsburg are probably tearing their hair out.  My build date has already changed 5 times including this one though, I don't feel I'm being that unreasonable and just because it's happening to everyone else doesn't make it ok.  I don't feel it's too much to ask to get a delivery date that won't be missed.

Like I said though, it's a first world problem and I'm sure the car will eventually arrive.

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #199 on: 02 November 2021, 15:57 »

B/W 11 2023? Gti were being quoted as Sep/Oct 2022 delivery if you ordered now
No idea, but would make sense unfortunately.