Author Topic: Clubsport order thread  (Read 111227 times)

Offline JNL

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport order thread
« Reply #60 on: 09 July 2021, 20:28 »

A
Ready to collect next week :-D

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #61 on: 13 July 2021, 15:49 »
Very nice, I had the choice of Deep black or Atlantic blue. I've had three black cars and thought it time for a change.
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline Woeisme

• Not said much yet
« Reply #62 on: 14 July 2021, 01:15 »
I’ve a clubsport on order and there doesn’t seem to be a build week in sight. Thinking of now adding the hk audio. Is it worth it?

I’d be happy with an aftermarket solution but from the brief search I’ve done there is no info on something that will 100% work with the in car tech. I’d also be a bit worried about how it would effect the warranty.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #63 on: 14 July 2021, 10:12 »
I’ve a clubsport on order and there doesn’t seem to be a build week in sight. Thinking of now adding the hk audio. Is it worth it?

I’d be happy with an aftermarket solution but from the brief search I’ve done there is no info on something that will 100% work with the in car tech. I’d also be a bit worried about how it would effect the warranty.

HK is only worth it if its something you want, its a completely subjective to each owner. I personally find the standard sound system fine.

However, what is known is HK is subject to the chip shortage. Also just because the build week isn't assigned, the order is still in the queue as it were and making changes can push the order back in the queue. However nobody really knows anything concrete and you can waste hours trying to find information from VW, to no avail.
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #64 on: 14 July 2021, 10:25 »

The standard system seems pretty good sounds better than the 7.5 Golf one. I'm possibly no audiophile but seem to get the balance ok. too much bass can distort at higher volumes. 
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #65 on: 14 July 2021, 11:28 »

My build week was supposedly last week (week 27) but when I checked in for an update on Monday it hadn't moved along. Still "scheduled" rather than "in production"...  so I'm not sure whats going on but it seems a confirmed build week doesn't mean much at the moment either.

As for HK, its one of the big ticket items that apparently does directly impact build lead times so for that reason alone I'd be hesitant to spec it. The standard audio in VW's tends to be reasonably good, much better than say BMW where HK is almost essential.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #66 on: 14 July 2021, 16:16 »
check this thread out on HK vs standard https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287587.0
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #67 on: 14 July 2021, 21:23 »
I have the HK in my Clubsport. It's good but the standard system is generally pretty good. I had the standard system on my mk7.5 GTI and I can't say this HK system is worlds apart. If you have the cash to spare then go for it but if it's between HK and something else maybe go for the other thing (depending on what it is!!)
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline Woeisme

• Not said much yet
« Reply #68 on: 14 July 2021, 22:16 »
Yeah I’m on the fence really since nobody seems to be really impressed with the hk. The standard is pretty good but it’s just not as good as the one in my current car.

I see there is lots of aftermarket subwoofers that fit where the spare wheel is but it’s all mk7 compatible. Would any of you go this route when they are working for mk8?

My build week was supposedly last week (week 27) but when I checked in for an update on Monday it hadn't moved along. Still "scheduled" rather than "in production"...  so I'm not sure whats going on but it seems a confirmed build week doesn't mean much at the moment either.

As for HK, its one of the big ticket items that apparently does directly impact build lead times so for that reason alone I'd be hesitant to spec it. The standard audio in VW's tends to be reasonably good, much better than say BMW where HK is almost essential.
unfortunate that yours hasn’t been built yet but not totally unsurprising going by all the other stuff we are hearing on lead times. I’m preparing myself now for mine to be a 221 plate as I’m not picking up the car in November/December, I can see me losing out down the road with how registration works in Ireland.

With that in mind I think adding the hk might delay it a few months but not affect when I pick up the car.

Offline JNL

• Not said much yet
« Reply #69 on: 14 July 2021, 23:41 »
Pleased to say I collected it today. So far very good, although doesn’t sound as good as my Rocco R did. Getting used to all the new gadgets (the infotainment is pretty easy once you get the back of it).
One big annoyance - given the cost and high spec, they didn’t supply me with car mats!!!  :sad: