Author Topic: Clubsport order thread  (Read 106771 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Clubsport order thread
« Reply #20 on: 29 June 2021, 17:47 »
You should get "build week confirmed" 4 weeks before the build.... when they have all of the parts lined up and a slot reserved...

At that point nothing should stop it getting built...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 29 June 2021, 18:03 »
You should get "build week confirmed" 4 weeks before the build.... when they have all of the parts lined up and a slot reserved...

At that point nothing should stop it getting built...

Right, thats my thinking too. Its not likely to change now. The status on his system was "Frozen" a few weeks ago and last week it was "scheduled".

I am in Ireland, but I don't think that makes a difference. Its the same factory.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline JNL

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 30 June 2021, 12:20 »
I’m slightly nervous now. Managed to order one last week and it’s now due with dealer today from container… I was told originally that it’d be up to 28 weeks, but pushed for them to locate one or I’d look against a later point. But one was located and due at dealer today. Should have it in a couple of weeks.
This maybe due to me not being fussy about colour or spec’in it over standard. But managed to get a black one, which I think looks very smart on these cars.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 30 June 2021, 12:58 »
I’m slightly nervous now. Managed to order one last week and it’s now due with dealer today from container… I was told originally that it’d be up to 28 weeks, but pushed for them to locate one or I’d look against a later point. But one was located and due at dealer today. Should have it in a couple of weeks.
This maybe due to me not being fussy about colour or spec’in it over standard. But managed to get a black one, which I think looks very smart on these cars.

Be sure to post up some pictures when you’ve got your car.

I’ve owned my fair share of black cars over the years (I’ve had five) and IMHO they do look great when clean and shiny. The downside is the time and effort it takes to keep them looking good - I found it was a real labour of love. Adopting a safe wash technique (if you don’t do this already) and investing in some decent cleaning gear to minimise the risk of paintwork swirls is highly recommended.

Also, steer clear of the Eastern European hand car wash places, automatic car washes and don’t let the dealer wash the car when it goes back for servicing / warranty work - unless you want your car to get the ‘scratch and swirl’ look :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 30 June 2021, 13:11 »

Hope all goes well. I'll be lucky to get mine before Father Christmas arrives at this rate
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #25 on: 30 June 2021, 14:23 »
Will he fit it down your chimney?
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 30 June 2021, 14:26 »
Update, order confirmed as modified by dealer who have added DCC. They dont anticipate any huge delay to original delivery date.
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 30 June 2021, 21:50 »
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 30 June 2021, 22:16 »
Speed limiters

https://youtu.be/u90uIuoqnQ0

Good video, thanks for posting.

I took from that the ISA requirement isnt even decided upon yet, so near 0 chance of it appearing on MY22 GTI’s
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 30 June 2021, 22:24 »
Speed limiters

https://youtu.be/u90uIuoqnQ0

So they won't affect us until the mk8.5 is released or 2024, whichever comes sooner...
Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver