Author Topic: OEM Changes  (Read 3826 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: OEM Changes
« Reply #10 on: 31 May 2022, 10:35 »

Anyone else noticed the text regarding annual mileage?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 31 May 2022, 13:12 »
Fuel has got expensive but damn  :laugh:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 31 May 2022, 19:53 »
Anyone else noticed the text regarding annual mileage?

Fuel has got expensive but damn  :laugh:

Interesting that Direct Line have a ‘very high (50k+) annual mileage’ exclusion. My previous and current insurance company don’t. I’m assuming that Direct Line aren’t interested in insuring these drivers - presumably because they consider the insurance risks (increased claims frequency and average claims costs?) associated with these risks too great for them to cover.

That ‘very high mileage’ exclusion wouldn’t be an issue for most people as a) most people drive less than 50k miles per year and b) estimated annual mileage is something that’s asked for at the outset - at initial quotation stage when applying for insurance cover. So presumably Direct Line wouldn’t quote for anyone declaring they drive 50k miles or more per year. It could become an issue though for an existing Direct Line customer whose annual mileage increases to something in excess of 50k if they’re not aware of the policy exclusion and they don’t inform DL of their change in circumstances. IMHO, it’s important to know what’s in the small print of your insurance policy so the event of a claim, the insurance company doesn’t turn around and say ‘no cover’  :shocked: :angry:

@jv - yes, and I wouldn’t want to have to pay for fuel out of my own pocket for driving 50k miles or more per year!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Markee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 04 June 2022, 10:13 »
IMHO, it’s important to know what’s in the small print of your insurance policy so the event of a claim, the insurance company doesn’t turn around and say ‘no cover’  :shocked: :angry:

I'm probably one of many who is guilty of not reading the small print, i only found it because i was digging around for info about mods. That said given that i've racked up 734 miles since i bought my Golf in March it's probably something that i've skimmed over but not really paid too much attention to because i know i wouldn't achieve anything close to 50k lol.
I'm only with DL because they gave me a competitive quote 4 years ago, since then i've had 2 year's renewals remain at the same price and last year the premium went down £10, all without me having to ring up to haggle the price. This was all pre-TCR and my renewal is due in July so we'll what the difference is  :grin:
A chequered previous car history (mainly blue oval, sorry) prior to owning Golf's.
2001 mk4 TDI - died at some traffic lights due to someone not stopping!
2000 mk4 GTD - a dog of a car, sold to WBAC in limp mode!
2000 mk4 1.8T - most fun i've had in a Golf (until now) but nearly cost me my licence!
2020 mk7.5 Tornado Red TCR - current ride.