Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 100443 times)

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #330 on: 30 November 2021, 17:21 »
So, it’s all working again! Locks and unlocks on the handle! After a bit of advice. Do I keep my appointment tomorrow or do I leave it and wait for the fix all update in a few weeks?
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #331 on: 30 November 2021, 19:08 »
Leave it, wait for the TPI
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #332 on: 30 November 2021, 22:43 »
I think I agree. Will wait. Cheers.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline daviegsxr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #333 on: 30 November 2021, 22:52 »
Does anyone know if there has been any software updates do remotely by VW. I am having issues with Travel assist and Emergency SOS and the dealer said there was an update being done. There has been no errors on my car for the last 5 days.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #334 on: 01 December 2021, 07:16 »
Does anyone know if there has been any software updates do remotely by VW. I am having issues with Travel assist and Emergency SOS and the dealer said there was an update being done. There has been no errors on my car for the last 5 days.

Emergency sos is a recall,the software updates that fix anything are not done remotely....they are all done by the dealer.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #335 on: 01 December 2021, 08:21 »
Sos reboots are fixed with a replacement of the module. A recall TPI is out for that.

Travel assist... If you mean the thing where it suddenly decides the speed limit on the motorway is forty... No... Nothing for that.

The rumour is that its map data that causes it... And that's not vw
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline massimo23

• Not said much yet
« Reply #336 on: 02 December 2021, 02:03 »
About the 1810 update for 16xx infotainment units. It was released on friday morning and then removed because of an issue (dont know the reason). But one guy from Germany got his car updated and ran a few tests.. So now Android auto wireless is working and now he can view the VW map on the Aid display. Also the reverse camera seems more reactive.
We will have to wait for the updated TPI before we can get the update done at VW workshop.
According to the TPI VW are moving to a Software package update where before one control unit would be updated at a time whereas now multiple control units can get updated in one go making the process a lot faster and easier.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #337 on: 02 December 2021, 09:51 »
According to the TPI VW are moving to a Software package update where before one control unit would be updated at a time whereas now multiple control units can get updated in one go making the process a lot faster and easier.

Not to mention that they can align the controllers with a known compatible version... so the system as a whole should work.

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #338 on: 02 December 2021, 13:30 »

Not to mention that they can align the controllers with a known compatible version... so the system as a whole should work.

This is great news but when is it likely to happen..? Sorry for asking a dumb question but what is TPI please..?
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #339 on: 02 December 2021, 13:40 »
The 'big' update package is apparently due imminently, according to some reputable sources, but until it is definitely released, who knows.

TPI is a list of specific repair and warranty instructions for dealers to follow - they basically set out a technical issue, the symptoms, how to resolve or to hold off a customer complaint, and (importantly for a dealer), how to account & charge VW back for the time/labour/parts, etc

For example,

« Last Edit: 02 December 2021, 13:44 by phope »
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special