Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2766182 times)

Offline KieranMc

• Just got here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11890 on: 01 December 2021, 13:44 »
Ordered some VBT front discs from Awesome GTI on Black Friday which have just turned up, 312mm as non performance. Any ideas where I can order oem pads?

Not even my car, it’s my other half’s and she not fussed but coming in lot cheaper than oem discs and pads, not seeing any point upgrading the pads either as only road use!
Indium grey manual Mk7.5GTI
19” Gloss black Prets
Carbon mirrors
Osram sweeping mirror indicators

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11891 on: 01 December 2021, 14:18 »
Ordered some VBT front discs from Awesome GTI on Black Friday which have just turned up, 312mm as non performance. Any ideas where I can order oem pads?

Not even my car, it’s my other half’s and she not fussed but coming in lot cheaper than oem discs and pads, not seeing any point upgrading the pads either as only road use!

If you can try your local TPS or try your local dealer they might actually help you out, failing that ebay?
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11892 on: 01 December 2021, 14:23 »
Just collected the car from it's service, oil and oil filter changed & brake fluid changed.

VAQ Diff oil due in January, they said to me about it so no issues getting my dealer to change it, I know others say their dealers aren't aware of it needing done.

While it was in I got the sunroof lubed and greased and a new passenger side skirt put on as the old one was slightly marked.

As always very pleased with my local dealer Agnews - Boucher Road.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline KieranMc

• Just got here
« Reply #11893 on: 01 December 2021, 17:07 »

If you can try your local TPS or try your local dealer they might actually help you out, failing that ebay?

A handful of my local dealers are all Arnold Clark and I won’t give them the price of a wiper blade so usually travel from West coast through to dealer in Edinburgh for servicing, suppose could ask them if they would post or TPS as suggested.

Cheers
Indium grey manual Mk7.5GTI
19” Gloss black Prets
Carbon mirrors
Osram sweeping mirror indicators

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11894 on: 01 December 2021, 21:11 »

A handful of my local dealers are all Arnold Clark and I won’t give them the price of a wiper blade so usually travel from West coast through to dealer in Edinburgh for servicing, suppose could ask them if they would post or TPS as suggested.

Cheers

I got a set of alloys from Barnetts of St Andrews, Ross Forgan (parts manager) is on the forum here periodically as well so I'd give them a shout.

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #11895 on: 02 December 2021, 08:33 »
I use vwmotorparts.com a vw dealership in Lancaster for genuine service parts. Had good service from them. Cheaper for me than driving 30 miles to my nearest vw dealership for parts. Also found LLparts good for genuine parts but have to wait a while for delivery.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #11896 on: 03 December 2021, 12:02 »
- Changed the oil (easiest oil change ever)
- fitted spacers front and rear (15mm front, 20mm rear - stock suspension)
- fitted new plates. Front plate looks so much better without the surround.

Car is sitting as it should’ve left from factory now IMHO with the spacers. Not the best picture cos it was dark when i took it but gives an idea!

Looks good that ! any more daylight pics and pics of plate without surround?
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline zainahmed48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11897 on: 03 December 2021, 19:01 »

Looks good that ! any more daylight pics and pics of plate without surround?

Thanks mate! Haven’t had a chance to take many cos work and uni gets in the way haha but here’s one I took on the day 👍🏽 Got a day off tomorrow so gonna try clean her up a bit - can take some more pics/closer of the plate without surround if you’d like?

Definitely recommend getting rid of the surround and taping the front plate, much better than having the plate screwed in IMHO

« Last Edit: 03 December 2021, 19:03 by zainahmed48 »
2018 Indium Grey MK7.5 GTi (Manual), 19" Brescia

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11898 on: 05 December 2021, 09:19 »
Gave the car a wash after sitting for a week, nice tall and round (Slightly frozen) beading from the topped up Gyeon CanCoat.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #11899 on: 05 December 2021, 13:35 »
Gave the car a wash after sitting for a week, nice tall and round (Slightly frozen) beading from the topped up Gyeon CanCoat.

Lovely Will, cant beat a bit of beading.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.