Author Topic: Phone mount  (Read 1228 times)

Offline JSYGTI

• Not said much yet
Phone mount
« on: 28 August 2022, 10:45 »
So then, in my last car, I had a great ProClip mount that clipped onto the A-pillar. It was designed especially for the Volvo C30 so I just assumed it wouldn't fit the golf...stupidly I let it go with the car.

My question is, do any of you fine people know of a mount for the A-pillar, or have you got any other suggestions for a good solid mount?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Bluto

• GTI forum regular
Re: Phone mount
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2022, 14:54 »
I have the Brodit (ProClip) mount that attaches to the driver's side air-vent.  This is coupled with the adjustable Brodit phone-holder for my iPhone 11 with case.  Only negative point, 1 time out of 10 you can inadvertently pull the air-vent out when trying to remove the phone as it does hold the phone securely  :grin:.

I didn't want charging cables everywhere so I went for the Brodit phone holder that has the charging kit for a fixed installation; that's all installed behind the dash for a neat solution.

Despite it covering some of the air-vent up I've never had a problem with the driver's side window misting up.

I did have the ProClip centre mount that clipped into the fascia around the RNS510 headunit, but when I upgraded to an aftermarket headunit, that option wouldn't work anymore due to the headunit design. Hence the side air-vent location.

Mk8 GTI Clubsport | Pure White | DCC | Black Estorils | HUD | a fair few options

Previous: Mk6 GTI | Candy White | Manual | DCC | Dynaudio | Cruise | Winter Pack | Lux Pack | Rear Camera & F/R Parking Sensors

Offline JSYGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 28 August 2022, 15:06 »
That looks great, certainly one to consider. I like the fact that it clips to the surrounding rather than the actual blades of the vent.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2022, 22:35 »
https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehicles/Volkswagen/Golf+VI/2010/654261.htm
A friend of mine use to have this one. Seemed to work OK. Not sure if it's what you are looking for though.
« Last Edit: 28 August 2022, 22:37 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.