Author Topic: New GTi PP owner  (Read 694 times)

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
New GTi PP owner
« on: 08 March 2022, 07:43 »
Hi All, I have just taken delivery of a very nice GTI PP in tornado red.

I am really impressed with it so far, apart from struggling a bit getting the engine to stop and start due to the keyless go.

Pictures will be coming soon. :)
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i

Offline Dazie00

• Not said much yet
Re: New GTi PP owner
« Reply #1 on: 08 March 2022, 09:10 »
Welcome to the club
Just put your foot on the clutch and press the button to start if manual or put foot on brake if DSG and then hit the button, to turn off just hit the button , hopre you enjoy it, Red ones are the fastest!!!!!
GTI PP, Leather, Pan roof, Rev Camera, Keyless , MIB2

Gone but not forgotten
GTI 5 Man
R 7 DSG stage 1
GTI 5 DSG
RS4 B7
GTI 4 1.8T
GTI 3
GTI 1 CAB

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 08 March 2022, 09:23 »
Thank you Daizie, it is a manual.

I did try my foot on the clutch and pressing the button as that is the same procedure as on my previous car (BMW), but it seems it likes me to do a small dance with my feet instead.

Are there any coding/setting changes which can be done with Carista, to make life easier, not just with the engine start but other things.

I would like to turn off the stop/start for one.

Best regards, Simon
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i

Offline marley

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2022, 15:24 »
Welcome to the forum.

Recently joined myself. I had a Tornado one (traded it last week for  a White D.S.G. I "promised" myself, I wouldnt get a red one...of course I did! It looked great in red I thought, it had Seville alloys in it, they had a red "strip" on the wheels. which really set it off I thought.

The one I got last week. I only got because I wanted an auto...its in White with Santiago alloys.

Enjoy your new car!

Offline Dazie00

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2022, 21:28 »
Thank you Daizie, it is a manual.

I did try my foot on the clutch and pressing the button as that is the same procedure as on my previous car (BMW), but it seems it likes me to do a small dance with my feet instead.

Are there any coding/setting changes which can be done with Carista, to make life easier, not just with the engine start but other things.

I would like to turn off the stop/start for one.
Not to sure about any starting adaptions in VCDS, mine is just foot on clutch, press button and off we go!
You can certainly turn off start stop , i did it on my R  with vcds cable , Going to leave it on on GTI .

Best regards, Simon
GTI PP, Leather, Pan roof, Rev Camera, Keyless , MIB2

Gone but not forgotten
GTI 5 Man
R 7 DSG stage 1
GTI 5 DSG
RS4 B7
GTI 4 1.8T
GTI 3
GTI 1 CAB