Author Topic: New GTI Ordered  (Read 812 times)

Offline Tommycharade

• Just got here
New GTI Ordered
« on: 28 December 2021, 20:59 »
Hi all,

New to the forum. Just put a deposit down on a factory order GTI.

Moonstone grey
Vienna Leather
Rear view camera
Panoramic sunroof

Have I missed anything?

Also, wondering if I should have ordered the R instead….

Open to advice.

Thanks all.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: New GTI Ordered
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2021, 08:08 »
Welcome Tommycharade  :smiley:

Are you a fan of Daihatsu Charades or just a wizard at that godawful party game?  :grin:

You probably have around nine months to consider whether you’d have preferred the R!
Why do you think you might have made a mistake? What do you think you might be missing from an R? That’s the only real way you’ll know what car you’d prefer. There’s no wrong or right, the models are different and it’ll be a purely personal thing.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Tommycharade

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2021, 09:11 »
Thank you!

Well spotted on the Daihatsu front. I was just getting into cars and started using the username!

I think I wonder about the R because I think should I just go all the way and buy the top model. I do like the handling of a 4 wheel drive and always enjoy the extra power. The reason I decided on the GTI is because im not sure I’d need the power of the R.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 29 December 2021, 10:48 »
I’d imagine a little Charade GTti would be mega rare now.

To be blunt, unless you have a deserted runway at your disposal or do autobahn trips then no, you’d not use much of the R’s potential performance.
To make the most of an R you’d need to spec the performance pack too, then by the time you’d added paint, leather, sunroof and camera you’re pushing well towards £50k.
I’m sure the R forum is awash with those who buy fully loaded R’s just because they can. What you need and what you buy are often different things.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 03 January 2022, 11:22 »
Welcome to the forum.

As someone with an R told me, the R is a great car but the GTI is a drivers car. Which i think sums up the difference quite well.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/