Author Topic: Changes are coming to VW’s touchscreens and slider controls  (Read 4426 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: Changes are coming to VW’s touchscreens and slider controls
« Reply #10 on: 10 January 2023, 18:09 »
Usually American cars have Satellite radio too.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Chriz1

• Not said much yet
So the software changes and hardware changes mentioned that's coming in the next 18 months are these for our cars that are on the road and facing these problems or does he mean for new cars being released?

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
So the software changes and hardware changes mentioned that's coming in the next 18 months are these for our cars that are on the road and facing these problems or does he mean for new cars being released?

In regards to ‘cars that are on the road’, - Software (likely) Yes! Hardware No!
« Last Edit: 17 April 2023, 20:55 by Carlosfandango »
Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline oryxgolfr

• Not said much yet
I don't see what the fuss is about re:  volume and heater buttons not lighting up.  I use the control on the steering wheel for volume and rarely change the temperature for the climate control as it is set for the same temperature year-round.

The software however.........my Sept 2021 CS is way better than my May 2021 GTI but still needs a new steering wheel for Emergency and Travel Assist "bongs"...typically only once on startup.

Fortunately for VW the car's dynamics outweigh the infotainment.....choosing NOT to buy a car based on infotainment as many have said on the web is just silly.

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
Agreed. As a designer, it’s unfathomable how the cabin controls weren’t user tested before sign off