Author Topic: OEM Wireless charger retrofit?  (Read 3830 times)

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: OEM Wireless charger retrofit?
« Reply #20 on: 27 January 2022, 09:34 »
Would just buying a regular wireless charging pad from Amazon and plugging it into a USB port work? Could be a cheap option

You could, but I was planning on buying a Wireless CarPlay module to plug into mine, to have full capability.

Just an update on this VW Retrofit have started to offer this for £120, fitting is one ground and one to the fusebox.

https://www.vw-retrofit.co.uk/product/golf-mk7-wireless-charger/

I had a look on the. web site but it shows as out of stock.  :sad: I’ll try and give them a ring. As I posted a while ago the quote I was given was £350 fitted but they never got back to me.

Alex is only getting them into stock over the coming days, he put one up as a test could possibly phone up as ask for a pre-order? Only thing I'd like to know is how easy it is getting the terminal into the fuse box behind the glovebox before I order.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 30 January 2022, 19:13 »
I emailed VWretrofit to ask if they will be getting them in and I received this reply (on a Sunday afternoon!).

“Yes we will get them back. Parts are ordered but its not in UK stock so back-order. Once we get them, stock will be updated.”  I’ll keep a watch as I want to do this.

« Last Edit: 30 January 2022, 22:55 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #22 on: 30 January 2022, 20:56 »
Seems like a lot of money for a charger which when combined with wireless cp/aa won't actually keep the phone charged.

The discharge rate is higher than the charge rate and what's more the extra heat from charging and the hard use of the phone with something like navigation will cause a thermal shutdown.

Seriously, think twice...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 30 January 2022, 22:56 »
Thanks Fred. Taken under advice.
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #24 on: 31 January 2022, 13:29 »
BTW I say that as my Mk8 has both wireless charging and wireless ACP...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC