Author Topic: Brand new R available for immediate delivery.  (Read 2900 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Brand new R available for immediate delivery.
« Reply #10 on: 28 November 2021, 09:31 »
I'm guessing at the moment the pen's are focusing on high value vehicles to ensure that they recover development costs?

One of the problems the industry faces in Europe is that electric vehicles need significantly less staff to build... Which means they are going to have massive redundancy costs to pay shortly. In some European countries redundancy is a massive payout.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 28 November 2021, 11:46 »
48 k Wow !

i find that had to comprehend from where there were a few years ago , i don't think ill have another Golf , i quite like the other half's Polo GTI but the mk8 is difficult in a lots of ways for me
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #12 on: 28 November 2021, 11:53 »
48 k Wow !

i find that had to comprehend from where there were a few years ago , i don't think ill have another Golf , i quite like the other half's Polo GTI but the mk8 is difficult in a lots of ways for me

Inflation, pound vs Euro exchange rates and combined with long lead times (meaning zero discounts from RRP) and here you are...

My 2017 Mk7.5 GTD cost me just over 30k, my current Mk8 GTI was 34k - but it does have a lot more options than the GTD did. However that was before the supply problems bit.

And 48k represents a fully loaded Mk8 R with no discounts.... don't add the options and its under 40k, if you can find one.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline fuster

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 28 November 2021, 20:31 »
48k is just too much money to spend on a Golf in my view. I had a hard time trying to decide what to go for after selling my CS and in the end went for a R close to 37k.  A few years ago, I would never have dreamt spending that sort of money on a car. 

The sensible option would have been an ev. Had a test drive in an ID3 but unfortunately i found it a bit dull hence another performance golf. Like a few others, I think this will be my last ice car.

« Last Edit: 28 November 2021, 20:34 by fuster »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 28 November 2021, 23:10 »
The ID.3 range really does need a shot in the arm.
Plus it has the worst brakes I’ve experienced since the mk1 GTI.

I happened upon a hire company dropping off a new Caddy van last week. The Caddy has had a strange makeover it seems.
What did impress me was the Skoda EV (begins with a K and about the size of an ID.4) they were using. Both inside and outside it was leagues ahead of the ID.3, a really decent effort from Skoda. Apparently it costs about the same as an ID.3 but is bigger.
Why the hell do so many people blindly get an ID.3? Is it just because it’s a free car from their employer that has some sort of kudos because it wears a VW badge?
I bet the Skoda also had the same awful brakes though.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Online Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 29 November 2021, 08:37 »
Enyaq?
7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 29 November 2021, 11:09 »
That’s the one! Knew it had a K in there somewhere  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Online Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 29 November 2021, 11:21 »
Well it is fully electric, so it has a silent K :wink:
7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 29 November 2021, 11:46 »
Kthose pesky ksilent K’s!
I think I was thinking of a Kodiaq but I knew it wasn’t a Kodiaq as they’re the size of a coach.
It’s an age thing, I get confuddled.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Online Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 29 November 2021, 12:59 »
I'm obviously talking rubbish. There's no K at all, never mind a silent one. :embarrassed:
7.5 GTD