Author Topic: Rattle / vibration from under the dash anyone?  (Read 5631 times)

Offline simonwhite2000

• GTI forum regular
Re: Rattle / vibration from under the dash anyone?
« Reply #10 on: 09 February 2022, 17:00 »
When you stop and think about it its a bit mental - a product worth tens of thousands of pounds and they want to fix it with some tape.
Awaiting: Mk8 GTI CS
2020: BMW 840 Gran Coupe
2017: Audi B9 S5 Coupe
2014: Mk7 Golf R manual

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 09 February 2022, 17:54 »
My passenger side “rattle” is back. Even though VW claimed the “rattle” was caused by the front passenger side brakes. I can’t for the bloody life of me work out where it’s coming from, I’ve annoyed the hell out of several passengers asking them to find it but we can’t. What fun.

I’ve just received a call from my dealer and Apparently my noise/rattle was a broken door card clip, call me a synic but I’m not convinced
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 09 February 2022, 21:04 »
My passenger side “rattle” is back. Even though VW claimed the “rattle” was caused by the front passenger side brakes. I can’t for the bloody life of me work out where it’s coming from, I’ve annoyed the hell out of several passengers asking them to find it but we can’t. What fun.

I’ve just received a call from my dealer and Apparently my noise/rattle was a broken door card clip, call me a synic but I’m not convinced

What on earth is a door card clip? 😂

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 09 February 2022, 21:28 »

Fasteners that are used to attach the door card to the door.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 09 February 2022, 21:32 »

Fasteners that are used to attach the door card to the door.

Thanks, I will give the door card a kick in the morning…

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 10 February 2022, 07:08 »
Mines in this morning - I will mention it and see what happens

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 10 February 2022, 17:55 »
Picked up the car. They had the passenger door card off, and the rattle has supposedly gone. We shall see. They finally acknowledged that I need the steering wheel replacing. This should apparently fix the 4 persistent faults everytime I get in the car:
SOS alert
Travel assist alert
Parking sensors not working, check if need cleaning
Manoeuvre braking unavailable.

Frustrating that it’s taken 3 trips to get it ordered. No replacement steering wheels in the UK, so it’s on order.

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 10 February 2022, 19:13 »
Picked up the car. They had the passenger door card off, and the rattle has supposedly gone. We shall see. They finally acknowledged that I need the steering wheel replacing. This should apparently fix the 4 persistent faults everytime I get in the car:
SOS alert
Travel assist alert
Parking sensors not working, check if need cleaning
Manoeuvre braking unavailable.

Frustrating that it’s taken 3 trips to get it ordered. No replacement steering wheels in the UK, so it’s on order.

Fingers crossed for you. Let us know what time you hear the rattle tomorrow. 🙄

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 10 February 2022, 22:28 »
Rattle does seem to have improved. I heard it slightly, over bumps. Not sure if I’m just overly sensitive to it, so will see how it goes

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 12 February 2022, 08:53 »
Nope, still vibrating. So difficult to pinpoint. Seems to move depending on where your head is in the car. So frustrating.