Author Topic: Last chance for clubby  (Read 2640 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Last chance for clubby
« Reply #10 on: 15 November 2021, 08:01 »
The problem with waiting till the new year is that’s any even busier time of the year for car sales. The situation we are in with new car supply is still going to get worse before it gets better.

Loads of people hold off for financial reasons before Christmas to commit to ordering a new car and literally as soon as the doors re-open after Christmas the trade goes nuts. Every man/woman and their dog try to chase a replacement car for March or have seen there brother or sister over Christmas has a new car and they now want one!

Also there is a large portion of people who have held off thinking it’s going to change and don’t want to be live the situation.

I can only imagine the scenes over the next 3-6 months……

Reject the car get a cheap run about and order what you really want
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 15 November 2021, 08:25 »
You could maybe request they change the unit for the newer ones which seem to be a lot better?

Not possible AFAIK.

The super fix is coming in December I believe now.
If it was me I’d be looking for an explanation of why that is not possible.

Because its not a case of just changing one component. It would mean changing multiple controller units in the car and that's a problem so complex they've not even tried to do it.

The software fix is the answer, I've read of seat and skoda cars that have had it done and it does work. It's not vw yet nor in the uk. Rumour is December
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #12 on: 15 November 2021, 09:18 »
Reject the car get a cheap run about and order what you really want
If it was me I would be staying away from new VWgroups products for a while until they sort themselfs out. Granted during the waiting time they may fix things but then again they may not.  :sad:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 15 November 2021, 10:43 »
"The software fix is the answer, I've read of seat and skoda cars that have had it done and it does work. It's not vw yet nor in the uk. Rumour is December".

Fingers crossed that this is true.  It'll be a while before they get round to all of fixing all of our cars, but I'll be happy to wait a few more months.  I love my Clubby and there isn't another car (I could afford) that I'd want in it's place
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 15 November 2021, 11:24 »
Yeah, I'm riding this one out - as I keep saying though, its a massive customer service fail on VW's part. Not the technical problem but the communication with the customers.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 15 November 2021, 11:25 »
Don't forget that although the S3 that the OP was mentioning, is using a lot of the same VAG components, the new A3 has at least retained separate climate controls from the main screen using actual buttons rather than the touch screen of the MK8 ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 15 November 2021, 11:28 »
I have to remember every night when I get home from work to make sure the blower is on windscreen and temp is on warm  as some mornings I get in and screen stays blank

I meant to say, you do know that there is the windscreen demist button on the "light and sight" panel (aka headlight controls to the right of the wheel)

If you hit that button you get max blow on the screen and heat too for demisting.

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 15 November 2021, 12:36 »
If you are looking at the S3 and RS3 i would be checking forums and groups for similar issues to see if they suffer too.
I didn’t think of that Snoopy  :embarrassed: oh well might be a total change on the cards then  :cry:

Can confirm this. I have an 2021 A3 and the software has the same issues. Resets itself, sensors fail, etc
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 15 November 2021, 19:47 »
You could maybe request they change the unit for the newer ones which seem to be a lot better?

Not possible AFAIK.

The super fix is coming in December I believe now.

I’m afraid December just might not save me the way I feel about it at the moment

@Verve34; IMHO now isn’t a great time to be buying a car - whether a VAG brand or a vehicle from any other manufacturer;
  • Because of ongoing issues affecting new car production levels (e.g. semiconductor shortages, Covid), new car production is at less than normal capacity, with many manufacturers closing some production lines and / or temporarily halting production altogether. Therefore very long lead times for a factory order is to be expected.
  • There’s a fairly severe shortage of in-stock unregistered new vehicles at dealers. If you are lucky enough to find one in a colour and spec that you’d be happy with, you’ll very likely be looking at paying full list price - or even more than full list price.
  • Buying used, and you’re likely to be paying a price premium because of the market-wide shortage of vehicles, and that shortage might mean you struggle to find a car in a colour / spec / trim level you’d be happy with.
Might be better to hold fire, get the software update applied to your car once it’s been rolled out to dealerships and if that doesn’t fix all - or the majority of the software niggles - review the situation in the new year.

Yeah I get that I really do but the not knowing when you get in a car that’s done 4000 miles if I’ll be able to turn temp up and blower on windscreen just F@@Ks me off especially after I payed best part of 40k . It done it again tonight when I left work granted I live 4 mins away but what if it’s minus 5 at 6 AM. And to top it off yesterday while I was at dealership showing them screen I said make sure someone ring tomorrow, Guess what I had to ring them at 5. Also I’ve sent them 4 videos from last week of it doing it
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 15 November 2021, 19:55 »
Completely sympathise with you. Must be infuriating when it doesn’t work and dealers don’t seem to be able/willing to help. Let’s face it: it should work. It’s software in a very expensive car. Imagine buying a iPhone and it didn’t work. You get a very different response I bet. Hopefully this fix in December works but people seem to have been waiting an age. If it’s frustrating you that much every day, get rid. It’s not worth it. Pocket a nice amount and buy something that works as described. Good luck.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.